IGNORED

Anyone have a .22 WRF?

51smd

The .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, more commonly called .22 WMR, .22 Magnum, or simply .22 Mag.

FYI:

It is commonly found in the Ruger Single Six .22 revolver.

.22 Short

.22 Long Rifle

.22 Mag.

1781853_03_1960_ruger_single_six_22mag_22_640.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

i shoot a smith and wesson 351PD. its a snub nose revolver that shoots 22 mag. freaking thing is awesome. the flame that comes out of the barrel would knock someone off their feet not to mention the 50 grain 22 mag bullet. 22 mags are potent rounds even for their small caliber. i love it. my revolver is a 7 shooter 

The .[/size]22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, more commonly called .[/size]22 WMR, .[/size]22 Magnum, or simply .[/size]22 Mag.

FYI:

It is commonly found in the Ruger Single Six .22 revolver.

.22 Short

.22 Long Rifle

.22 Mag.

Hey Bill from NJ I was talking about the .22 WRF which falls between the .22 LR and the .22 Mag it's shorter than the .22 Mag.

i shoot a smith and wesson 351PD. its a snub nose revolver that shoots 22 mag. freaking thing is awesome. the flame that comes out of the barrel would knock someone off their feet not to mention the 50 grain 22 mag bullet. 22 mags are potent rounds even for their small caliber. i love it. my revolver is a 7 shooter

That's cool, when I was a kid a friend of mine had a high standard .22 mag Deringer that he had a wallet holster. When he shot it a 2 foot flame came out of it that was amazing and very cool to a 13 year old.

Hey Bill I thought you were shooting your pistol today, do you also have a rifle chambered in .22 WRF also?

No 22 mag WRF father had one but remember him trading it for 45 Colt.  Maureen shot her Ruger Mark 2 , I shot my Winchester Bull barrel  Revolver both Long yesterday will post Targets and story asap. Still, have to sight back in the 22 Rifle after the work I did to it. 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Hey Bill from NJ I was talking about the .22 WRF which falls between the .22 LR and the .22 Mag it's shorter than the .22 Mag.

Thanks for the info. Learned something new today.

I had no clue what you were speaking about, So I had to look it up.

Here is a cut and paste from an article about the :  .22 WRF (.22 Remington Special)

The .22 Winchester Rim Fire (WRF) is all but obsolete. It was designed for the Winchester Model 1890 pump action rifle and was later adapted to Remington and Stevens rifles as well as Colt Revolvers. Winchester .22 WRF loads used a flat point bullet.

Remington manufactured the cartridge, loaded it with a round nose bullet, and called it the .22 Remington Special. The two are actually the same cartridge and are completely interchangeable.

I mention it here primarily because Winchester .22 WRF ammo will fit in a .22 Magnum chamber, but not the reverse. The .22 Magnum (WMR) is based on a lengthened .22 WRF case. Revolvers and single shot rifles chambered for the .22 Mag. can usually shoot .22 WRF ammo without a problem. However, magazine fed .22 Magnum repeaters often will not feed the shorter .22 WRF cartridge correctly.

The WRF fires a 45 grain, copper-plated, lead semi-wadcutter style bullet at a velocity of 1,320 fps and 175 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle of a 22" rifle barrel. The sectional density (SD) of the 45 grain WRF bullet is .128. It hits with noticeably more authority than the .22 LR. At one time, Winchester also offered a 40 grain hollow point bullet.

Because its case is slightly larger in diameter than a .22 LR case, the WRF will not go into LR chambers. Like the .22 Magnum, the WRF uses standard .224" bullets (like most centerfire .22's), not .220" bullets like the Long Rifle.

It is actually quite a useful cartridge, as it hits harder than the .22 LR and is less expensive and less destructive than the .22 Magnum. Unfortunately, sales have diminished almost to the vanishing point and .22 WRF ammunition is no longer cataloged by Remington, although Winchester and CCI occasionally produce runs of .22 WRF ammo. Note that CCI warns against using their .22 WRF ammunition, which is loaded with a JHP bullet, in .22 WMR guns, although they provide no reason why.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Thanks for the info. Learned something new today.

I had no clue what you were speaking about, So I had to look it up.

Here is a cut and paste from an article about the :  .22 WRF (.22 Remington Special)

I also had no Clue I too looked it up.  :up:  Must be Army Grunt Talk  ;)

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif