IGNORED

HHA Speed Dial

BHC

I did but I don't use it hunting anymore.  Here is my opinion:  It is totally awesome.  You can dial it in to nail down any yardage you want.  You want to shoot 27 yards, 33 yards, 42 yards, just dial it in and if you do the set up right, it will work.  And, then you can use a single reticle scope then which cuts down on confusion when shooting.

But here is why I don't use it hunting:

1.  The biggest downfall (IMHO) is that in low light you can't see the dial.  Some people deal with this by putting a multiple reticle scope on it and just using the scope reticles when the light is too low (just leave it dialed in at 20 yards so the reticles should then work).  To me this kind of defeats the purpose.

2.  It is a bit heavy.  

3.  When the moment comes, I guess I just felt that dealing with the dial was just one extra step and not worth it (versus just looking at your reticles and estimating if you're between yardages).

But it really works.  

Edited by dlist777

I did but I don't use it hunting anymore.  Here is my opinion:  It is totally awesome.  You can dial it in to nail down any yardage you want.  You want to shoot 27 yards, 33 yards, 42 yards, just dial it in and if you do the set up right, it will work.  And, then you can use a single reticle scope then which cuts down on confusion when shooting.

But here is why I don't use it hunting:

1.  The biggest downfall (IMHO) is that in low light you can't see the dial.  Some people deal with this by putting a multiple reticle scope on it and just using the scope reticles when the light is too low (just leave it dialed in at 20 yards so the reticles should then work).  To me this kind of defeats the purpose.

2.  It is a bit heavy.  

3.  When the moment comes, I guess I just felt that dealing with the dial was just one extra step and not worth it (versus just looking at your reticles and estimating if you're between yardages).

But it really works.  

I have something like this on my compound and it works very well. I have tested it to 85 yards.

Dist777 raises some goo points about the low light adjustment. Not a big problem with a vertical because in low light you don't really take long shots over 20' but xbow with a scope gives you more of a reach even with low light.