IGNORED

Anyone selling a crossbow case? Need one bad...

06roadking

Does a crossbow need to be cased by law?

Yes it does. I found out the hard way. Years ago when i bought my first Xbow, a Horton vision(reverse limb), they didn’t make cases for them. I️ was at the store for hours and finally bought it. Was on my way home getting on the interstate and decided to call my wife real quick and let her know i was on my way. Well got caught by a state cop for being on the phone. Guilty as charged... no argument. When the very young officer walked up to the passenger side of my truck and looked in the window, all he could see was the stock. Poor kid lost his mind, drew his pistol, pointed it at me and screamed”hands on the dashboard!”. I️ tried to explain what it was but, he wasn’t hearing it. Made me get out and sit in front of my truck with cuffs on while he checked it out. When he got his shit together and figured out it was a gun, he had me take it down the bank off the side of the road and and completely explain the whole works to him. He was very interested and ended up not giving me a ticket for not being on the phone. He radioed in and confirmed it should be in some sort of a case. He told me to carry it in a pillow case til they made a real case for it which i did. Kind of sketchy for a few minutes but it turn out good and he was a good guy. Uninformed, but a good guy and i didn’t blame him for being wary at first