IGNORED

Interesting Cancer rankings by State

JHbowhunter

0.14 % difference in total cancer rates per 100k from lowest to highest is pretty negligible in my eyes.

Agree, unless you do that every year and find the same trend lending it some significance, but even then, it does seem small.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I'm not surprised to hear that, as smoking is also inversely correlated with education attained.

NJ = #5 of 50 states  in % adults w/college degree

KY = #46 of 50 states in % adults w/college degree

Wait a darn minute....You mean when people aren't educated, they tend to do dumb things?  

On a side note, I'm a firm believer that if you do dumb shit, you aren't entitled to the benefits of a system.  If you smoke and get cancer, you can not receive a nickel of insurance money.  You have to private pay for everything and if you don't have the cash, **** off.  If you are a 350lb fat ass that eats fast food and drinks gravy all day long, you can not be treated using a nickel of insurance money.  

THIS is truly the other half of the healthcare issue in this country.  #1 is the fact that insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies can ditctate costs of the products and services, which have grown to outrageous prices.  The simple idea of a chargemaster makes my blood boil.

Anyway, #2 is that we have a population of uneducated and therefore unhealthy, people, who are screwing everyone else over because we have to pay for them.  Couple that with the literally made-up costs of the care they must receive and that is why we have a healthcare crisis.  

"Affordable health care", as per Obama, Trump or any other politician approaches the issue from the wrong side and the ****ing people are too stupid to even understand why

Edited by not on the rug

Wait a darn minute....You mean when people aren't educated, they tend to do dumb things?  

lol, not friggin' way!  I know enough smart people who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed (me being one of them), and we are quite capable of doing spectacularly stupid things.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

lol, not friggin' way!  I know enough smart people who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed (me being one of them), and we are quite capable of doing spectacularly stupid things.

I have a very long list of stupid things (extremely stupid).  Most of them involved women.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Fair point...guilty as charged

I have a very long list of stupid things (extremely stupid).  Most of them involved women.

Once blood gets pumping to your crank, brain matter ceases to function.  It's true.  Just ask a scientist

Edited by not on the rug

NJ is one huge carcinogen, all along the Raritan and deleaware rivers chemical companies used to dispose of their waste directly into the rivers. The effects are still present. This went into the aquifer and that is why you see higher incidence of cancers in historical factory towns.