IGNORED

Pa.Pheasant Season!

FLDBRED-BDC

Were you at SGL's 219 ?

We went to a Ducks Unlimited Wetland Restoration Area that is nestled between some fertile farms. The crops were still up and the wetlands are tough going until they freeze. No birds, but plenty of sign. They don't stock this area. We will be back out to some SGL's this week! 

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting

We hunted a SGL's it looked like the new permit didn't keep anyone home. We managed 3 birds for 2 hunters, it was just to dang hot!

I agree Mink,way to hot and very heavy cover,got to keep a close eye on dogs! Hopefully it will cool down middle of week,and your right ,permit didn't keep hunters away from the sgl I hunted.

Just got back! We went to one of the closer SGL's that get's hammered pretty good so we didn't know what to expect. It turned out well! At legal shooting time ,right after I cast my Springer pup he put up two Roosters! We were caught off guard and missed a couple of EASY shots! Then maybe another 30 yards or so he put up another Rooster but this time we were ready and dropped him. The pup only got birdie a couple of times after this but it was a perfect fall day! 

Edited by FLDBRED-BDC

Nockamixon which is near me is hell.

Looking to go to Chester county or Delco. Never been to that sgl.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

How does pa compare to jersey in regards to crowds and number of birds released

I would rather hunt NJ.

Better grounds to run my dog.

The group I associate with has control over their dogs.

My first three experiences at Nockamixon last year were terrible. Fog and people running through field no dogs just shooting.

Just aweful.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

How does pa compare to jersey in regards to crowds and number of birds released

A lot would depend on far you are willing to drive! There are some SGL's that are huge and managed for small game especially for pheasants. NJ doesn't have anything that can compare to these large areas. The SGL's that are closer to the populated areas receive a lot of pressure but still not as bad as NJ. That being said, I think NJ does a better job on what they have to work with and with the actual release of the birds. There are plus and minuses to both States, we hunt both as to get in as much upland hunting as we can!

A lot would depend on far you are willing to drive! There are some SGL's that are huge and managed for small game especially for pheasants. NJ doesn't have anything that can compare to these large areas. The SGL's that are closer to the populated areas receive a lot of pressure but still not as bad as NJ. That being said, I think NJ does a better job on what they have to work with and with the actual release of the birds. There are plus and minuses to both States, we hunt both as to get in as much upland hunting as we can!

The SGLs I hunt have great cover ,probably not as many birds as they are spread over a large area! Hunted all week got multiple points each day and harvested birds every day,I encountered a few hunters every day but all were dog hunters and very courteous.IMG_1032.JPG

• 4 weeks later...