IGNORED

What gun control laws would you back?

Here's what nobody ever brings up.  Firearms are less available now than they were a few decades ago.  Up until the late 1960's you could order a semi-automatic rifle or pistol and have it shipped to you door step, no questions asked.  Back in my day when the dinosaurs roamed, hardly anybody had a gun safe.  The were just in Dad's closest or in a gun rack in the den and you knew better than to touch them.  We have added hundreds of gun laws that only accomplish two things, to make guns more difficult for law biding citizens to own and the criminalization of gun owners across the country.  What changed?  We did.  The moral fiber of this country has died a slow death of thousand cuts.  Respect for your parents, teachers or God forbid the police is frowned upon if not plainly discouraged.  Heck last week there was an article in the MSM about marriage being a sign of privelage!  We need to stop looking at the tools/guns and take a good long look at ourselves and the social norms that we have lowered ourselves to.  So to answer the original question, I would not support any gun control, simply for the fact that gun control does not work.  Laws and rules are useless if the population that is supposed to abide by them does not have mutual respect for each other or life itself.  Only a complete moron blames the tool and not the person wielding it.  

I'm not sure this is a great argument. One I don't know if it is actually true that firearms are less available now... how do you define that? More difficult to buy, get access too, or total number in circulation?

Gun crime has been trending down since the 80s or so. So if you make the argument guns are "less available" and then look at the numbers of gun crimes... not exactly an argument 2A folks should make. The argument is nuanced and there are many reasons for the decrease but simpletons on the anti side won't acknowledge those reasons they will just focus on "less availabe" and "lower gun crime".

Also, the overall decline in violent crime and gun crime may fly in the face of the argument that we have become a morally bankrupt society.

Doesn't mean anything since they're all retards, as well.  I could easily see them introducing a bill to make something illegal that already was.................

yeah well, that's true! Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

The left wants to completely eliminate the private ownership of firearms. This way there can be no resistance to their totalitarian government. Their overall strategy is to take away our Second Amendment rights one step at a time. That is why we must oppose all these incremental steps like outlawing bump stocks. If they do that they will not be satisfied, next it will be something else then another incremental step until they completly disarm us.

Edited by 230jhp

This was a question I asked before. How far can NJ gun laws go? We are going to find out under Murphy. Can NJ outright ban ownership of semi auto rifles? Ban semi auto handgun? Limit 1 box of ammo per month? What are the limits?