IGNORED

What gun control laws would you back?

What good is something that would draw a "red flag" on 1/6 of the population, unless your goal is simply to strip 1/6 of the population of their 2nd amendment right on some arbitrary cause?

No way anti anxiety meds should be a reason to take someone's gun away. However; maybe anyone on it should be checked out to find out why his is on it. Monumental task but I think worth pursuing. Maybe a note from his doctor indicating the person is not exhibiting any violent, aggressive or even suicidal tendencies?

No way anti anxiety meds should be a reason to take someone's gun away. However; maybe anyone on it should be checked out to find out why his is on it. Monumental task but I think worth pursuing. Maybe a note from his doctor indicating the person is not exhibiting any violent, aggressive or even suicidal tendencies?

So, here in NJ, what percentage of doctors do you think would stick their neck on the line to OK someone getting a firearm?  What you and Batsto are proposing is one of the easiest ways to disarm the populace yet considered.  You realize adults here in NJ have been denied their firearm ID card simply because as a child they were sent by the school psychologist for an eval for possible ADHD.  That is what waiving your HIPPA rights gets you here in this state.  No thanks!

So, here in NJ, what percentage of doctors do you think would stick their neck on the line to OK someone getting a firearm?  What you and Batsto are proposing is one of the easiest ways to disarm the populace yet considered.  You realize adults here in NJ have been denied their firearm ID card simply because as a child they were sent by the school psychologist for an eval for possible ADHD.  That is what waiving your HIPPA rights gets you here in this state.  No thanks!

Nothing is perfect. However any doctor would be protected by his patient file which they all keep.  If there is nothing in there indicating problems then the doctor is protected. Conversely if the file indicates the guy is thinking of harming people then his doctor would have no choice but to report it. Nothing is perfect but surly you don't suggest we should allow someone who is hearing voices in his head to kill others be allowed to have guns?

Nothing is perfect but surly you don't suggest we should allow someone who is hearing voices in his head to kill others be allowed to have guns?

What % of people who hear voices in their heads go on to commit acts of violence?  You are advocating for "if we can save just one by restricting your rights" logic.  Sorry, it is flawed and will be corrupted by politicians.

There should be no restrictions on your 2A rights, none.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

What good is something that would draw a "red flag" on 1/6 of the population, unless your goal is simply to strip 1/6 of the population of their 2nd amendment right on some arbitrary cause?

A red flag strips you of nothing....precautions are a good thing.

You are being disingenuous now.  If it is not to "strip" someone of the right to own a gun, why did you bring it up in this thread?  I have no time for people that can't be honest in a discussion.

By "red flag" you mean "probable cause" which allows for a 2A infringement as well as a 4A infringement.

A little red flag means the NJ State Police come to your house, perform a warrantless search, seize all of your weapons and ammo, and now you have a very long and expensive legal fight to get them back.

Sorry, your "red flag" is the gateway to confiscation.  I am against it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

You are being disingenuous now. If it is not to "strip" someone of the right to own a gun, why did you bring it up in this thread? I have no time for people that can't be honest in a discussion.

I am far from being dull or stupid. We a need better checks on the mentally ill especially with gun ownership.

Fill me in what's your plan of action to curb gun violence?

Edited by Batsto

I am far from being dull or stupid. We a need better checks on the mentally ill especially with gun ownership.

Interesting, as I never implied you were being dull or stupid, just that you are being dishonest.  Now I can't tell if you are intentionally being obtuse or if your self assessment is flawed. 

Interesting, as I never implied you were being dull or stupid, just that you are being dishonest.  Now I can't tell if you are intentionally being obtuse or if your self assessment is flawed.

What was verbal SAT score? Impressive grammar, but you did not answer the question. What's your plan of action to curb gun violence?

I certainly do not back a stricter mental health background check. Because its feel good legislation and basically gives a false sense of security. Its been done before when some grandma gun hater digs up the wrong information and you get a denial for your permit. The only people that are subjected to gun control are the ones who obey the laws of society. If we had some law makers with balls who would place a gag order on the ones crying about the rights of the criminals you would see things change. Its much easier to jump on the band wagon and demonize guns as the problem. Can you imagine if the nut job that shot up the concert had thrown pipe bombs instead? What would be the knee jerk reaction after that? restrict plumbers to registering their inventory? Our elected officials have a bad habit of treating the symptom and not the cause, as a society we give more thought to the bad guy then the victim. When you look at gun control as a whole it is a abysmal failure, because the very system that created it also picks it apart for its own use. The common man is the pawn. Stand behind the NRA because they are the last stronghold to standup against the limp wristed liberals who continue to live in a fairytale world.   

What was verbal SAT score? Impressive grammar, but you did not answer the question. What's your plan of action to curb gun violence?

I'm not concerned about "gun" violence.  I, as we all should be am concerned about "violence" and also maintaining Constitutionally guaranteed rights.  You realize if we got rid of all guns, our murder rate would still be double Serbia's?  Guess who has almost as many guns per person as the U.S.  The problem isn't the guns, it's our politics, our economics, our society.  Those are not simple problems, so people like you go for the easy target, while doing nothing to address the problem.  I never pretended like I had a solution, so acting like you "got" me by asking what's my plan isn't going to get us anywhere.  It's okay to say "I don't know the answer".  Doing that is MUCH better than acting like you do, when you don't even understand the problem. 

Edited by Darrenf

What's your plan of action to curb gun violence?

Gun violence has been declining for years, and it continues to decline.

Not sure what needs to be fixed or changed in that regard.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05/14/disarming-realities-as-gun-sales-soar-gun-crimes-plummet/#6a148b563f7c

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.