IGNORED

Stoeger Condor?

Njkoren

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful labor day. I found a good deal at Dicks on the Stoeger Condor. They have it advertised for $399. Anyone ever shoot this gun. Im looking to get an o/u for upland and skeet. I have always used an 870 for everything and the only o/u i ever shot was a cz. I know i cant expect the same quality at that price point but is it even worth it? I am hoping to get one in 20g and am having trouble getting info from the people at dicks, wondering if its even worth pursuing.

It is a nice low end O/U that can be tweaked to perform like a champ.  It's number one complaint out of the box is that it is very stiff in the action, This does improve with use, however the lockup can be easily smoothed out to improve performance.  Look at videos on YouTube to see how cowboy action people slick up their SxS actions. Same rules apply.  Next step when you are ready, you can send out the barrels to Magna-port to have them ported and back bored.  This will just make to gun a honey to shoot.  My BIL had it done.  It is now a completely different gun.  Other than that, it is very nice in its price point. 

My son has a youth model in 20 gauge, the only problem we had was that it did not like Remington ammo, we were told that Remington primers are harder then other manufactures and every few rounds it wouldn't fire. We switched to Federal ammo and the problem went away.