IGNORED

September 6th C6-7 fusion.

GhostBear

• 3 months later...

And I'm nervous as hell! On one hand I'm happy about the prospect of getting full use out of my left arm and no pain it it anymore, but not looking forward to the recovery time and the pain that will come in my neck after the surgery, the hard neck coller is gonna take some getting used to, so is setting up the right dose of pain meds to make me comfortable without making me loopy, and eating will be a challenge as well, guess it'll be soup and smoothies for a while, bathing will be fun as my girl will help with that!! (Wink, wink) lol. I'm sure it will go flawlessly, but with my track record of rotten luck, I'm a bit concerned! Lol

Just saw this now, was wondering what some of the other posts were referring to. I have a question though...what else did you have done? 

I ask because I've have been having a ton of problems with my neck and in October the doc sent me for an emergency MRI (on a Saturday, my last minute thing that kept me from going to Ohio when I planned) due to pain in my neck, face, arm and shoulder on left side. I have 3 herniated discs, one is real bad, two are just not good. Going to do a fusion of one level but he says it's an outpatient procedure, maybe 2 weeks of discomfort, no PT and in 6 weeks, I should be good to go with normal activity, as long as it not contact sports.

Is he downplaying it, or did your guy make it more dramatic?

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well, I had a month in a soft brace, then two months sleeping with it, P/T starts next week to get range of full motion, I feel way better than I did before, but this is no joke, no lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds the first two months, everything I researched on this has my doc spot on, had surgery in sept, back to work in February. I had some bone spurs cleaned up as well, so for me that may have added some recovery time, so for me it should end up a 5 month recover to go back to work with some restrictions.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Great news. Getting old is not for the weak.

it's not for anyone! Lol think the liberals in thier "infinite" wisdom can legislate away old age! Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Well, I had a month in a soft brace, then two months sleeping with it, P/T starts next week to get range of full motion, I feel way better than I did before, but this is no joke, no lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds the first two months, everything I researched on this has my doc spot on, had surgery in sept, back to work in February. I had some bone spurs cleaned up as well, so for me that may have added some recovery time, so for me it should end up a 5 month recover to go back to work with some restrictions.

That's sounds a bit more intense than what I was told to expect. Hope your recovery continues to go well. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well I had lots of bone spurs to go along, so that's additional healing time, but the fusion itself helped greatly there is no longer any numbness or weakness in my left arm anymore. I still get sore when storm fronts come through and my range of motion is not bad, P/T will help me get more, some days I'm very sore, others not so much. Looks to me that I may have to deal with some soreness from now on.

Edited by GhostBear