Bully

Recommendations?

I have just acquired a nice little recurve. I'm looking for recommendations for an armguard and a 3under tab. I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing as far as the tab and armguard or should I just grab whatever is cheap and go for it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any traditional shops down your way but if you are up in the Vernon area, check out Mountain Mike's Sport Shop.  He'll be able to set you up.  

Edited by Rusty

I have Targeteers by me but I shoot at Cherry Ridge. I'll take a look at Mountain Mikes hours. If I can make it work I'll swing by. Thanks.

Check the brace height on the bow and see what's reccomended..

I know it was hitting my wrist alot, brace height may not be where It should be..

Also, I would remove those finger things on the string.. or get a new string all together.. they are cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Proper grip and brace height, and you should NEVER hit your arm. And before you decide to shoot 3 under keep in mind some bows are "tillered" (for lack of proper term) to be shot split finger or vice Versa. Some don't matter.

I grabbed some arrows, a stringer and a string from them. They are out of armguards and tabs, at least anything I would be interested in.

I will be looking up the specs when I get home and I need to grab some silencers and nocks. Hope to borrow some nock pliers from a friend along with a square.

And yes, those finger things will disappear.

I like the bow a lot tho. It's for sure a learning curve. A fun challenge and diversion from my daily activities.

Three rivers archery has every damn thing you could ever need for stick bows. I would also suggest considering a tied in nicking point once you have proper height and tune established.

If you do some searching of stickbow.com there is the most thourough tuning guide there that I've ever seen. Worth the time to read it. Worth printing out actually. I used it to get my last recurve shooting point of aim perfect.

If you're shooting at Cherry Ridge, drive another 10-15 minutes north on 23 and stop in here:  http://bowandreel.com

Very, very knowledgable and great shop.  It gets busy at times, so you might have to wait in line, but it is worth it.  Best part is that it's very close to Cherry Ridge, and since you'll already be there, there's no excuse not to swing by.

I have had all of my bows tuned there prior to season openers.  Very happy with the people who work there and the work that they do.

• Agree 1

If you're shooting at Cherry Ridge, drive another 10-15 minutes north on 23 and stop in here:  http://bowandreel.com

Very, very knowledgable and great shop.  It gets busy at times, so you might have to wait in line, but it is worth it.  Best part is that it's very close to Cherry Ridge, and since you'll already be there, there's no excuse not to swing by.

I have had all of my bows tuned there prior to season openers.  Very happy with the people who work there and the work that they do.

Dino is great, no doubt.  He's a mile from my house and that's where I have all my bow work done.   :up:  :up:

But for traditional archery Mountain Mike's might be a better choice.