IGNORED

This fall traditional?

Shootstraight

I don't hardly shoot my longbow at all December to August. Then once a week. Then every day a week before the season, with brodheads.

You are a beast with that self-bow - the model to follow...  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

it's a 'loose" goal of mine. 48# custom Rampart Recurve. June seems to be the month I shoot it for some reason, Julay and August can't find the time. If I can "Get good" with it Labor Day weekend, - maybe. It's been a goal for past 3 years - still have not practiced enough to hunt with it.

I keep telling you to come shoot with me.. doesn't need to be much.. I do 3 or 4 dozen shots a day.. takes 15-20 mins.

Just do like me and keep the bow strung and hung by the door, got a few mins just throw a few shots..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I keep telling you to come shoot with me.. doesn't need to be much.. I do 3 or 4 dozen shots a day.. takes 15-20 mins.

Just do like me and keep the bow strung and hung by the door, got a few mins just throw a few shots..

easier said then done unfortunately... I have not shot in over a month

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Just took a few shots during my lunch break..

Tried 20 and 25 yards today.. 50% kill at those ranges soni need to keep it at 15 yards for now..

Here's my 15 yard group

Also. I tried squatting a few inches to clear some branches and it threw me way off.. I'm only good, standing perfectly straight from ground level.. I gotta practice from a tree to see if I'm any good. If not, I'll be ground hunting early season.. either way, i will be posting a harvest photo. ;)

52607af6a4e1d5881b9ed6f84fb24b8a.jpg

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

yes i will be holding the recurve in my hands from start to end this year. The past couple years its been with me but let my son who is in the same tree take the shots at bucks. Now that he has a couple "good ones" under his belt there is no passing up a buck on my side of the tree. I let the biggest buck i had a shot at with the recurve go trying to let my son get a shot at it two years ago. I just saw the buck for the first time around a week ago since our last encounter. I am really hoping to get a shot at this brute with the curve this year

AWM

yes i will be holding the recurve in my hands from start to end this year. The past couple years its been with me but let my son who is in the same tree take the shots at bucks. Now that he has a couple "good ones" under his belt there is no passing up a buck on my side of the tree. I let the biggest buck i had a shot at with the recurve go trying to let my son get a shot at it two years ago. I just saw the buck for the first time around a week ago since our last encounter. I am really hoping to get a shot at this brute with the curve this year

Way to go getting your son out there and giving up opportunities to try and get him some.

My dad was the same way.. gave up so many hunts as they werent as important as spending time with us kids in the woods.

I always remember when I was 10 years old and we were sharinng a tree on a rainy fall bowhunt.. a spike with 1 antler growing down the side of his face snuck up on us (got right below us from behind in the wet, quiet leaves).. my dad wanted me to take my 1st deer.. but I didn't have a shot due to a large branch (prior to baiting, so we hunted a run coming into the field)

As the deer was about to get away I begged my dad to shoot. (He didn't want to waste his tag on a spike in sure, but at age 10, I wanted action and I didn't care who got the shot! I loved tracking hit deer!)

Awesome hunt and I still today keep a section of the antler on my keychain.

Too many fathers I know will leave their kids home because they don't want to give up a chance at a good buck.. they are missing out! Better to shoot s small one with your kids rather than a big one alone I'm sure!

I've killed a p&y, but ibrsrely tell that story when reminiscing.. I always go to the most memorable which usually include sharing a tree with family or friends!

They are only deer! Some best memories are those ones we got picked off cause we were goofing off in the stands lol

67a1ad00b8b7f3f681c44973e9266972.jpg

i committed to hunting with the recurve last year from the ground with no blind or camo. had opportunity, unfortunately most deer that came into range were not alone and had too many eyes on me. had deer up to 2 yards and couldn't get it done. This year i might get back into climbing a tree here and there, but would like to get it done from the ground. 

Way to go getting your son out there and giving up opportunities to try and get him some.

My dad was the same way.. gave up so many hunts as they werent as important as spending time with us kids in the woods.

I always remember when I was 10 years old and we were sharinng a tree on a rainy fall bowhunt.. a spike with 1 antler growing down the side of his face snuck up on us (got right below us from behind in the wet, quiet leaves).. my dad wanted me to take my 1st deer.. but I didn't have a shot due to a large branch (prior to baiting, so we hunted a run coming into the field)

As the deer was about to get away I begged my dad to shoot. (He didn't want to waste his tag on a spike in sure, but at age 10, I wanted action and I didn't care who got the shot! I loved tracking hit deer!)

Awesome hunt and I still today keep a section of the antler on my keychain.

Too many fathers I know will leave their kids home because they don't want to give up a chance at a good buck.. they are missing out! Better to shoot s small one with your kids rather than a big one alone I'm sure!

I've killed a p&y, but ibrsrely tell that story when reminiscing.. I always go to the most memorable which usually include sharing a tree with family or friends!

They are only deer! Some best memories are those ones we got picked off cause we were goofing off in the stands lol67a1ad00b8b7f3f681c44973e9266972.jpg

Great post Jay, i couldn't agree more. Hopefully they'll take our lead when it comes to taking their own kids out. Below is a pic of his first "good one" The memory of that hunt is etched in my mind. Now he wants to try the recurve, unless the brute i mentioned in the previous post comes by i guess its batter up for the kid and on deck for dad again LOLIMG_0706.JPG

AWM