IGNORED

Eating Raw Eggs

Rusty

So...I use eggs to maake caesar dressing or hollandaise and eat them in that state.

Eating raw eggs is completely unnecessary from any standpoint you want to look at it from.

As for safety, salmonella can live on the shell and is not in the eggs. You can pasteuize the eggs pretty easily if you are worried about it. Or you can just do your thing. There is a 1 in 30,000 chance of encountering salmonella on an egg. You'll never eat 30k eggs in your life.

Want to lower your chances of encountering food borne illnesses, stop buying food from the grocery store. Get your eggs from the farm. Chickens who live under normal conditions produce far more delicious and nutritious eggs and will probably never encounter nasty contaminations

Interesting, you get more protein if you cook it?

"You may be surprised to learn that the digestibility and absorption of egg protein is much greater in cooked eggs. One study, published in The Journal of Nutrition, found that the availability of egg protein is 91% with cooked eggs and only 50% with raw eggs.2 That means a raw egg would only provide 3 grams of digestible protein. Compared to eating a whole cooked egg, which contains almost 6 grams of protein."

You'll never eat 30k eggs in your life.

I might, I normally eat about 2 dozen a week, many weeks more than that. usually 3 hardboiled eggs for breakfast (I pop out most of the yolks) each day, and make omelettes or eggs with zucchini, broccoli, peppers, or whatever else I have around for lunch and dinner sometimes. I like a 6 minute egg over a bowl of oatmeal, an over easy egg over a pile of burnt ends or on a burger, make frittata's for a snack sometimes, I even use an egg wrap to make enchaladas. No raw eggs for me though, about the only way I don't eat them.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Yes, your body can utilize more protein when an egg is cooked.  But cooking foods causes a loss of other nutrients.  When you cook an egg you lose signifiant amounts of certain nutrients.

Raw eggs have:

• 36% more vitamin D
  • 33% more omega-3s
  • 33% more DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
  • 30% more lutein + zeaxanthin
  • 23% more choline
  • 20% more biotin
  • 19% more zinc