IGNORED

Any one fish the Plum Island / Merrimack river area?

JHbowhunter

Going for a 3 day weekend getaway with the fiancé early August to Newburyport, Mass... I booked a late afternoon 4 hour sunset charter - looks like really good blues and striper fishing up there. Cape Cod is as far north as I have caught stripers and it was fantastic at that.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I grew up on the Merrimack river in Nashua.  That river, similar to the Passaic, is a silt mover.  It moves slowly.  There is no clear water at all, but it is alive.  In the 1970s and prior it was toxic.  They've come a long way and cleaned up a lot of it.

Never fished it south of NH, but there was fish in it back in the 1980s.  Best to be on a boat, IMHO.

If you get a chance, go to Merrimack, NH and tour the Busweiser plant there.  They stable the clydesdales there, so you get to see the horses too.  The Merrimack river supplies the brewery with all of their water.  Stop off at Merrimack Firearms and say hello to Steve.  Tell him I sent you (I hunted with him in Pittsburg with Jack Nelson).  You can ogle all of the firearms that you can't own in NJ.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

My father was born and raised in Newburyport and we used to go up there every Summer to fish in the river. We caught a lot of Pollock and some Flounder. Not bad fishing.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".