IGNORED

Plant ID

It gets scarry when you know the plants by scientific name but you have to use the books to look up common name to talk to people or put in reports. most wetland plants I know better their scientific name and their falculative state (facu, fac, facw, obl) now you can call me a geek ghostbear, lol

It gets scarry when you know the plants by scientific name but you have to use the books to look up common name to talk to people or put in reports. most wetland plants I know better their scientific name and their falculative state (facu, fac, facw, obl) now you can call me a geek ghostbear, lol

And I thought I was a nerd. :nerd:  :nerd:  :nerd:

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

ok, GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

What pissed me off most was when "they" changed the scientific names of a number of the more common species (aka smartweeds - polygonum to persicaria) and even more so the nomenclature of hydric soils indicators.  Mottled soils are still mottled even if some genius needed to justify their existence by changing it to 'redoximorphic  features'.  WTF

Oh, and I didn't see this one ...............

P6290555.JPG

I hear you!  I was walking with a new client the other day on a tour of his property where he wants to build a pond and was pointing out common obligate wetland species to him until I realized he likely had no idea what I meant.  :) 

been there. I was walking a guy around his property 2 weeks ago and I knew their scientific name but had to look up their real name, turned out he just wanted me to point out wetland plants so he could make them disappear, told him it was next to impossible, illegal without permits, good luck, dont get caught, dont mention me, lol

Edited by rgw