IGNORED

Junior is shooting well

LPJR

It seems that 15 yards is my son's comfort zone as he is shooting pretty well with his Infinite Edge at that distance. At 20 his groups increase...At least he knows when and why he messes up a shot, which is good I think...He just needs to shoot the same way each and every shot. We are working on a solid consistent anchor point which is proving to be beneficial.

Practice sessions are kept short as he is pulling @ 54 lbs shooting 125 grain heads.....In August he will shoot Thunderheads only and not field tips...

thumbnail_Resized_20170628_185029.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170628_185640.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170628_185728.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170628_185739.jpg

It seems that 15 yards is my son's comfort zone as he is shooting pretty well with his Infinite Edge at that distance. At 20 his groups increase..

That's plenty far enough.  I've been bow hunting for 40 years and taken well over 100 deer and my furthest shot was 17 yards.  The challenge in bow hunting is not making a hard shot, it's getting close enough to take an easy shot.   

Edited by Rusty

That's damn good shooting.  My son has the same bow in camo and loves it.  My first bow at that age was the Hoyt Gamegetter with black and grey camo from memory.  My kids would laugh at that bow now but it did kill deer.. :rofl:  :rofl:

Hoyt Gamegetter-- Wow that brings back memories! I shot an "XI Legend Magnum" which I still have in the basement, lol.

Good to see you on here bro!  :up:

Nice shooting !!! We all tend to over concentrate at longer distances, tell him to float the the pin on the target and not hold so long , grip is another item , close grip with fingers in front of the riser will reduce torque in the grip area reducing lateral movement and still offering support.. Another area is the rest , if your shooting a biscuit consistencacy won't be your friend . Keep up the good work POP

Edited by Nanuk