IGNORED

If Anyone Needs A.........

BHC

• 2 months later...

With a gun rest of any kind I can sight a gun with one single shot. I take a shot with a gun secured in a gun rest, aiming for the middle of the target, Then after the shot I look through the scope to make sure the crosshair is back to the spot I was aiming. if not I make sure its there. Then I look for where I hit the target. Without disturbing your gun anymore I walk the crosshairs from the center to where I hit using only the vertical and horizontal adjustment. You are basically looking through the scope, without touching the gun, and clicking until you move it to the spot it hit. Once your crosshair is on top of it you are sighted in. 

You know - that just makes way too much sense... In essence all we are doing is "chasing" the last shot, but your method is a major shortcut. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

You know - that just makes way too much sense... In essence all we are doing is "chasing" the last shot, but your method is a major shortcut. 

What it does it saves you on ammo. If you are carful you can even do it from a not so steady rest, I do it on the farm, rested on my back pack. This way I can take newly installed scope and get it within an inch with one single shot,

With a gun rest of any kind I can sight a gun with one single shot. I take a shot with a gun secured in a gun rest, aiming for the middle of the target, Then after the shot I look through the scope to make sure the crosshair is back to the spot I was aiming. if not I make sure its there. Then I look for where I hit the target. Without disturbing your gun anymore I walk the crosshairs from the center to where I hit using only the vertical and horizontal adjustment. You are basically looking through the scope, without touching the gun, and clicking until you move it to the spot it hit. Once your crosshair is on top of it you are sighted in.

Old timer out in Brook Haven LI taught me that trick almost 22 years ago works perfectly

Lunatic, I would think you would need a rest so rock solid as to not disturb the gun while making the adjustments, no?  Sounds like a great idea...

• 4 weeks later...

Sunday I'm heading to the Walpack Range, meeting up with my life long best friend who needs to sight in two shotguns, if anyone needs to use the rest, and target frame I'll be there by 7am setting up for the start of shooting time 8am