IGNORED

Trout lodge on the Musconetcong looking for 3 members

AlexFord13

This is the same as complaining that you don't have access to someone's private acres to hunt!?!? There is a ton of opportunity on public land to be all to yourself without Seeing any persons. I fish and hunt almost exclusively on state (or public) land and almost NEVER see a person. I let bucks walk year after year only to see them bigger the following year, I catch wild trout anytime I want and always have streams to myself, etc. there is a lot of opportunity out there with a little research, foot miles, and timing. The super rich is not privatizing all the good land, this 240 acres is a speck on the map of what is available to us all!

Well said Gobblengrunt.  

This is the same as complaining that you don't have access to someone's private acres to hunt!?!? There is a ton of opportunity on public land to be all to yourself without Seeing any persons. I fish and hunt almost exclusively on state (or public) land and almost NEVER see a person. I let bucks walk year after year only to see them bigger the following year, I catch wild trout anytime I want and always have streams to myself, etc. there is a lot of opportunity out there with a little research, foot miles, and timing. The super rich is not privatizing all the good land, this 240 acres is a speck on the map of what is available to us all!

I was expecting this response :) And I agree somewhat. Which is why I said more power to them if they can afford it. But I find it sad to see a 2 *miles* stretch of beautiful river cut off from anyone accessing it except for 20 people. Not saying its illegal or wrong, but it is sad to see nonetheless.

I would say the same thing if there were, say, 1,000 acres of prime hunting/fishing land cut off from the public, too. Nothing illegal about it - but it is disappointing.

Then again, when you have scumbags trashing, dumping, and stealing in our woods, I'm not surprised at how closed-off private land is in this state.  I still say it is sad we've come to this.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/24/2017 at 6:27 PM, njdeerhunter54 said:

There is no way you can drift through this section without touching bottom as there are many shallow riffles!

I kayak thru every year multiple times with my kids.  If the water is slightly up, you never even touch bottom from Glen Gardner all the way to Bloomsbury.  Great paddle with much wildlife.  Fish are plenty up and down the river.