IGNORED

American shad in the Musconetcong River for 1st time ever!

The painting you show is Finesville and it is still very much like the picture except the dam is now gone.  The picture of the dam was the recently removed Hughesville Mill dam.

Can I ask why you keep giving me "disturbing" emojis?  Just curious.  As for "work to begin June 16, 2017", I have no idea what that is.  The Warren Glen Mill dam needs funding, engineering, and then permits before work can begin.  Funding will likely come from mitigation offsets when the Penn East gas pipeline gets approved.  But much is being done behind the scenes to get prepared for removal.   

I posted the information that was attached to the photos printed in the Local newspaper.  The emojis is my feelings on the news, not

you  :cupcoffee:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The painting you show is Finesville and it is still very much like the picture except the dam is now gone.  The picture of the dam was the recently removed Hughesville Mill dam.

Can I ask why you keep giving me "disturbing" emojis?  Just curious.  As for "work to begin June 16, 2017", I have no idea what that is.  The Warren Glen Mill dam needs funding, engineering, and then permits before work can begin.  Funding will likely come from mitigation offsets when the Penn East gas pipeline gets approved.  But much is being done behind the scenes to get prepared for removal.   

I stand corrected the photo is of the Removed Hughesville Mill Dam,  In the search of the Warren Glen Dam, this was the photo that was in The article.  

-1990a20b7b659485.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

What else will be running up the river? Bass, musky, catfish, walleye? How will this effect the native trout.

Edited by CJ3a

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

What else will be running up the river? Bass, musky, catfish, walleye? How will this effect the native trout.

Pretty much the same introduced species stocked by the Division in Lake Hopatcong that go over the dam and run downstream.....

Striped bass, American shad, river herring, and American eels are the species that dam removals are intended to help.  All are native and all evolved with our native brook trout.  All the others are non-natives that have been introduced over the years (many are still being stocked) including wild brown trout that enter from the Delaware at certain times of year, muskies, rainbow trout from Pequest,  non-native brook trout/browns/rainbows from private hatcheries, flatheads that PA Boat & Fish accidentally introduced to the Delaware, etc.