IGNORED

American shad in the Musconetcong River for 1st time ever!

Is there a report somewhere or is it word of mouth info?

There will be a formal announcement.  The Division only found them yesterday or the day before.  They let the Partnership know first.  It's not just word of mouth.  In the past, anglers have called the Division to report American shad only to have biologists and volunteers like myself electro fish nothing but gizzard shad.  Many anglers don't know the difference between the two. 

Great news! Any update on a possible timeline for warren glen removal?

I'm not as in the loop as I once was, but the state is moving forward seemingly without the paper mill owner to remove that dam.  Things are moving forward, but I couldn't give you time frames.  When I was approached to lead this effort about 3 years ago, the plan was to use an 8" goldmine dredge over a nearly 3 year period to remove the sediment behind this 35 foot tall dam before it could be fully removed.  So even if they started now, it will take years to remove.   

Where exactly is the Warren Glen dam?  Took a quick look on google maps but didn't see it.

It sits smack in the middle of the Musconetcong Gorge.  Below Bloomsbury and above the hamlet of Warren Glen.  Few know it exists as access is not easy, especially these days with the paper mill closed and the land posted solid.  

Some great water above that dam all the way to Bloomsbury. They used to float stock all of that water.

We still stock off Willow Street in several places with my buddy's transfer truck.  That is his pickup truck with a aerated fish tank we get from the Hackettstown hatchery on stocking mornings and then we meet the big stocking truck 3 to 4 times throughout the morning to get refilled as we hit spots the big truck cannot access from Point Mountain down to the Delaware River.  The water immediately above the dam sucks as it is all fine sediment, but once it is dredged out, we all believe that the same huge boulders in the river below the dam will still be there above the dam.  They would not have had a way back in the late 1800s to remove them.   

Where exactly is the Warren Glen dam?  Took a quick look on google maps but didn't see it.

Search turned up some photos of The Site Said work to begin June 16, 2017 

with a search of Warren Glen Dam NJ 

Bucknbows any remnants of This Village or Buildings left??

muskymillcamp.jpg

hughesville-damjpg-11c03e0dbd23fd88.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Search turned up some photos of The Site Said work to begin June 16, 2017 

with a search of Warren Glen Dam NJ 

Bucknbows any remnants of This Village or Buildings left??

The painting you show is Finesville and it is still very much like the picture except the dam is now gone.  The picture of the dam was the recently removed Hughesville Mill dam.

Can I ask why you keep giving me "disturbing" emojis?  Just curious.  As for "work to begin June 16, 2017", I have no idea what that is.  The Warren Glen Mill dam needs funding, engineering, and then permits before work can begin.  Funding will likely come from mitigation offsets when the Penn East gas pipeline gets approved.  But much is being done behind the scenes to get prepared for removal.