IGNORED

Gym Membership: Yea or Nay?

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

Do a lot of walking around the neighborhood.  Walk a half hour a day, minimum.  You can also ride a bicycle locally.  A used 3 speed bike or single speed bike is all you need.  You can do sit ups and push ups at home, even when it's raining out.  Everything in moderation.  Don't go wild or you will get discouraged.  If you work in an office, eat a light lunch and then walk around the neighborhood.  Bring walking sneakers and comfortable socks, your feet will appreciate it.  Good luck! 

Bob

Did it for about 6-8 years when I raced bicycles thru my 40's into my 50's.  4-6 times a week working out, then spin class.  Yes, I wore the padded, tight, biker shorts.  I had never felt better in my life.  Didn't try to bulk up, just stayed in shape for racing.  It helped with lifting at work, and my legs never caved in when hunting mountains.  It cut down on the sweating get up the hills.  Now I'm starting to look like the guy on the beach.

• 5 months later...

My dad says if you work hard enough there is no need for the gym

Definetly not true. Me and my men work hard, very hard for that matter and usually walk 5 to 10 miles a day around our building complex (a few of the aprentices have the app and have clocked close to 10 miles in a day) and it is nothing like a solid gym workout. Most of them are still out of shape working real hard. In order to have any results your heart rate needs to be elevated for sustained periods of time. Something you can not accomplish at work.

I have a YMCA membership, and a gym at work. Off days I’m at the Y, and work days I’m in there. So almost everyday, with some exceptions, like in the fall for oblivious reasons. Average a month probably 20 to 25 days in the gym, i have shoulder problems from playing football in college so I can’t go heavy with weights, but found the many cross fit workouts very good which you can do at home, by simply purchasing some kettle bells, or making them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk