IGNORED

Gym Membership: Yea or Nay?

Rusty

Who has a gym membership?

If you have one, how often do you use it?  

My buddy has a gym and he says that most of the money that gyms make comes from people with memberships that never actually go to the gym.  

For me going to the gym is a means of maintaining what little bit of sanity I have left, a stress reliever.  I go 3-4 times a week.  No doubt gyms make a lot of money from New Years resolutions that last one week. 

Edited by B B

I haven't had a gym membership in nearly 13 years. I have everything I need at home now. Bar. Lots of plates. Squat rack. Pullup bar. 400lb tractor tire. Climbing rope. Jump rope. Heavy bag. People to spar with. Etc.

you forgot yoga in your tighties

Last time I had gym membership I was a young man, about 30 years ago:-)

But I play hockey 2 to 3 times/week

My buddy lives in Avon By The Sea. He founded and owns the "Avon Pond" where he sets up an outdoor hockey rink every winter... PM me if you know him...  He is biggest hockey nut I know... Rangers season tix of course.  (good seats) 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

My buddy lives in Avon By The Sea. He founded and owns the "Avon Pond" where he sets up an outdoor hockey rink every winter... PM me if you know him...  He is biggest hockey nut I know... Rangers season tix of course.  (good seats) 

I am not sure if I know him but that's very possible. I belong to two hockey clubs and I ran one of them for several years so I know hundreds of people I played with in the last 15 years or so. We now play in Howell and SO.Brunswick but both clubs started in Old Bridge where we are no longer playing.

I belong to a gym....right now, because I am using the services of a personal trainer to get past years of both injury and neglect when my time is up with him I will quit.

To not belong to the gym and use his services and reap his knowledge would be cost prohibitive I see him Friday mornings the rest of the time I work out at home and will do so when my time is up with him.

I spend more than enough time traveling for work and I happen to like both my home and wife ....when I can be around them.

The knowledge I gained has stopped the back pain that robbed so much from me and has helped me to over come the I jury's and tendonitis that was robbing me of the traditional archery I so love and may well be one of the elements that defines me as a person....money well spent.

I have a membership and go usually about 5 days a week. The perk for me also is , the wife likes to use the pool there. My job actually give me a discount rate to go. Before my membership though, I've worked at at home in a basement gym setup and loved it.Home gyms are great because you can get a workout in at anytime available, without having to drive anywhere. Both are great options though and have their benefits.