IGNORED

2 Smith Coronas!

Cool, I had no idea of that weapon.  Is it the same as the typewriter company that perhaps was pushed into helping with the war effort as so many companies were, if you know?

Yes.

The same thing happened during WW2 with the "tractor" Garands being made by International Harvester.

H8-IHC-Heel-web.jpg

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

30-06 Battle rifles from WW 2. http://imgur.com/a/Iuu5r

Did you get those from the CMP back when they did mail order, or did you recently go to Alabama?  

I've noticed they've been selling a lot of them in the Anniston store lately; so many that it annoys me that they arent doing mail order again!    If they can put 35 to 50 on the shelves each week they could certainly return to something like a 1 per person, per year sale.  My guess is they dont want to bother with the paperwork etc....

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Did you get those from the CMP back when they did mail order, or did you recently go to Alabama?  

I've noticed they've been selling a lot of them in the Anniston store lately; so many that it annoys me that they arent doing mail order again!    If they can put 35 to 50 on the shelves each week they could certainly return to something like a 1 per person, per year sale.  My guess is they dont want to bother with the paperwork etc....

I don't think they have enough for mailorder. I went to the North store in 2012. Racks were PACKED. I have pics somewhere in the computer! Maxed out my CC. I think I bought 5 Garands and ammo. From what I hear, that store will most likely close. Unless they get 80K from So. Korea and the phillipines! No, these were not store buys. Most likely a woolworth buy from the 60s and put in the closet!