IGNORED

maiden voyage on the Lehigh

TDietz

Well, we knew it was going to be too windy, but since it was the Kid's last day here before heading back South, and since  I need the instruction, we went.

20170503_151325.jpg

He likes throwing streamers, first fish was a smallie

20170503_122407.jpg

And he did have a couple nice ones on, but then I made him nymph-up a couple

20170503_142744.jpg

Big guys have a tendency to make fish look small, this one measured a bit over 16

20170503_144523.jpg

20170503_122355.jpg

20170503_151348.jpg

without me, my rifle is nothing

Looks like a nice trip. PA stocks the crap out of the Lehigh, from what I recall. I fished it a few times many years ago.  I remember when Jersey used to stock browns, waaaay back in the day.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have fly fished the lehigh for trout twice...both times I had my butt handed to me. Very cool river. It looks so fishy i am not giving up on it. However, that river has some ridiculously slick rocks....at least in the section i was wading. 

Looks like a nice trip. PA stocks the crap out of the Lehigh, from what I recall. I fished it a few times many years ago.  I remember when Jersey used to stock browns, waaaay back in the day.

There's also a good wild trout population in the river. Lots of feeder creeks have wild trout and water temp studies show that there is cold water well below the dam. If they could somehow retrofit the release tower at the F.E.W. dam with a lower outlet, I wouldn't be surprised to see this river turn into a ridiculously awesome tailwater trout fishery. Unfortunately, that would take a lot of funding and political capital that everyone is in short supply of these days. 

Thanks Guys, I was thinking about heading back out there today before the river gets blown out, (I'm not sure how much rain it can handle, will keep an eye on the gauges), but, they're calling for windy conditions and after doing it Wed with the wind I vowed to never do it again! takes a lot of the fun out of it

without me, my rifle is nothing