IGNORED

Tarhunt v savage 220

nmc02

Never any cycle issues with my Savage, no issues what so ever besides a rough action which was a easy fix, now it's smooth.....But I will agree with you on 100 yards is more then enough for most slug gun hunts and most shots on deer here in NJ are within 60 or 75 yards, and guys giving up archery spots for spots for longer shots is stupid

How did you smooth out the action?

IDK this has been beat to death many times and only is an argumentative topic. Both shoot great, one cycles great the other doesn't, one costs alot and the other doesn't. My beretta 391 shoots 2" groups CONSISTANTLY at 100yrds with handloads that only cost me $1.45 per shell. How much do you really need out of a slug gun? I see guys hunt spots with the bow and see alot of nice bucks out of their stand but out of bowrange. Then once the slug gun is in their hands they abandon those spots for areas where "they can shoot 200yrds" only to come up empty handed. How stupid is that? I haven't had to shoot past 60yrds for years so 200 yrd accuracy is not important. Just my 2 cents

how about. while many guys can shoot under an inch at 100 yards off a bench, they cant shoot a pie plate offhand at the same distance

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

how about. while many guys can shoot under an inch at 100 yards off a bench, they cant shoot a pie plate offhand at the same distance

So true, what is even more crazy is those same benchrest guys sight in and go hunting never even trying to shoot off hand. I have yet to see one guy at the range try and i am there many times with my son doing just that... practicing off hand

AWM

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Jorge emilio perez said:

Hi, I own a savage 220 slug gun, going for the barrel upgrade that Tar-Hunt offers. Should I go for a dedicated chamber, maybe 2-3/4” or have the option of been able to shoot also 3”. Any advice welcome 

Jorge, welcome  to NJWOODSANDWATER....No need to upgrade....the Savage 220 will out shoot the Tarhunt....save your money