IGNORED

This is what happens when you stay in bed last day of 6-day

JHbowhunter

Murphy was a deer hunter. As you may recall, this big bodied 7 gave me the slip all season, I drew on him 3 times one hunt, another time he stared at me 30 yards away while I sat on my quad to check a camera.   After the last friday of 6-day nearly blew me out of the tree so I hunted from ground where 5 doe came to me at point blank where i could have punched the lead doe in the jaw, I decided to stay in bed next to a warm body Saturday morning. This buck that would have dressed close to 200# in October went underground the entire week of 6-day, except for that ONE TIME I should have been on the stand.

I just got around to pulling that cam today.

Gonna try and get him tonight before the pub99 get-together. 

STC_0050.JPG

STC_0037.JPG

STC_0032.JPG

STC_0056.JPG

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Lol. Jack you can blame it on the tog fishing on Thrusday made you to tied and to cold to get up and go on Saturday.... But now excuse for the afternoon when he was there a 4pm...lol. Definitely looks like he has some age to him.

Ha - I didn't even notice he was there twice that day, yep - afternoon too. I spent the night in New Hope Pa with my GF that afternoon and walked the bridge over to Lambertville and did the whole "couples" thing.  The buck knew he was safe.  He banged every damn doe in the 'hood and kept higher scoring bucks away - he is the perfect definition of a bully buck that every farm/hunting property wants to take out of the herd.  I got over-confident with him, seemed like it was a forgone conclusion I would get him before he passed on those genetics... He won that battle for sure - I will be seeing those antler characteristics for years to come. Would not surprise me if he is the offspring of "the tripod" because I figure this guy is 4.5 years old and Tripod was 6.5

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

I've got a decent 8 patterned and he's moving during daylight now, I'm really tempted to take my daughter hunting but I would miss tonight's party.   

No you wouldn't. You go to party, get deer later... It's plenty cold out...

I shot a big 10pt once….