IGNORED

CVA Accura V2

OMC

Well after looking around for awhile for a new Muzzleloader to replace my TC Black Diamond which is going to my son, I decided on the CVA V2. It has the Nitride Bergara Barrel with the thumb hole stock. Some of the other features that I like are the adjustable trigger and quick release breech plug. After searching everywhere for this particular gun I found it online at www.muzzle-loaders.com for a great price and a huge selection. They were great to deal with, very knowledgeable and quickly shipped the gun. It arrived at my dealer quicker than expected and in perfect condition. I just finished mounting a 3X9 Nikon scope and heading to the range today. I will be shooting Hornadys SST 250 gr and the Powerbelt Platinums 250 gr with 100 gr of Triple 777, which I saw both perform very good out of this gun. 

Any one else have this gun and if so what are you shooting ?

CVA V2.jpg

I have the CVA optima which is the cheaper version.  I shoot 245 gr powerbelts with 150 gr whitehots.  I started with 100 grains of powder but seemed to get better groupings with 150 grains.  I get good groups a 100.  Killed a very nice 8 point this year with it at 80 yards.  Dropped.  Didn't take a single step.  

I sold my TC Black Diamond & went to the CVA Accura V2.  The BD is a good gun but a PIA to clean & if you don't clean it, the bolt will bind from carbon fouling & it may cost you a buck.  Accura is dead on accurate as well & has the feel of a double shotgun than a rifle  It shoulders nice & is well balanced.  The grip pads are a great touch.  Mounted my 3x9 scope as low as possible.  I shoot Powerbelt Aero's in the lower weights (228 & 245 grain or thereabouts).  haven't experimented with other loads because i don't shoot sabots anymore.   No complaints whatsoever.

I hear the blackhorn 209 powder is the way to go, instead of pellets....much cleaner. I am gonna switch over and sight in with it this weekend. BTW...no need to go through ffl....most will ship to your door direct.....namely cva & knight. Saves you money

CVA needs a different breech plug for BH

Ok so got back from the range today, once I got it dialed in it was shooting around 2 inch groups. I only had Hornadys SST 250 gr to shoot and they are a PIA to load after a couple of shots. I sighted them 1-2 inches high at 50 yds but when I moved out to 85 they were hitting even higher. So I needed to drop them to hit dead on at 50 yds. The gun shoulders really nice and the trigger pull was just right for hunting , so no need to make any adjustments. I also heard that they shoot Blackhorn Power really well along with Powerbelt Platinums. Going out with it tomorrow and hopefully I get a chance to put something down. Next week when it warms up I am going back to the range with Powerbelts and see how its does. So far I am very impressed and happy with the purchase just need to figure out what the gun likes.