IGNORED

Washing machine repair

rossbowhunter

I hate that i cant fix this stupid thing, it wont spin and you tube isnt helping. Tried a few troubleshots but cannot get it to spin, so if you or you know someone that does this, let me know please.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

Aside from Axiom's advice, is the motor spinning at all?  Take the back off the thing and look inside.  If not, there are probably 4-5 screws holding it in.  Google the machine model and replace that part.  If the motor is spinning it could be something as simple as a loose belt (if it uses a belt and is not gear-driven).  I would start there.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Is it a front loader? We just had to buy a new one, Merry Christmas,... there are weights inside, and the bolts sheared off and the big stone inside kept hitting the drum. Will never buy another front loader.

The one we had before this had a belt around the drum, if it breaks, you have to take the whole thing apart to get the belt on. UGGHHH

We call a repair guy who is local.

its a top loader, and I had the thing all apart last night, but to no avail, could not get it to spin. Thank you for the replies, looks like I have to shell out some beans for this one.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

its a top loader, and I had the thing all apart last night, but to no avail, could not get it to spin. Thank you for the replies, looks like I have to shell out some beans for this one.

I'm not a repair man, but I would imagine the motor has a gear or belt attached to the drum..

If the belt or gear is there, not broken, not stripped... it must be the motor.

Or like mentioned above, a kill switch in the door latch which will shut the machine down if the lid is recognized as opened..

Turn the spin on and see if the motor axle is spinning. . If so, it's gotta be the belt or gear.

If not, then it's gotts be either the motor or kill switch or wiring..

Most likely it's the motor, a few bolts and wire plugs should be a breeze to change..

I bought a ge and mine broke after 1 load, had to change the motor. ..

Warrenty gave me a damaged motor, and repair guys wouldn't show up after 2 weeks.. so I took the burnt out motor, used the housing from that one and the motor from the new one and changed myself to void my warrenty, because the warranty is crap.

Do yourself a favor and if you buy a new one get a basic old fashioned model.. all the new ones with electronics and water saving crap are junk. Repair man told me so himself.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy