IGNORED

Question for Jeep owners or any motorheads

Thunderchicken

Those 4.0 motors are bulletproof my last jeep ran amazing with 247000 b4 i crashed it. Only thing i had to replace was crank scensor and radiator once. How many miles on it

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

Those 4.0 motors are bulletproof my last jeep ran amazing with 247000 b4 i crashed it. Only thing i had to replace was crank scensor and radiator once. How many miles on it

145,000 my neighbor. For the most part he kept it under his carport.

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

I have a 1997 with the straight 6.  It has 95,000 miles.  Had it for 13 years now.  Been a great hunting rig.  Pretty tight for space, but I have a carrier on the back.  For two people it is manageable.  Great for getting in and putting up stands, bait, getting deer out, on the properties that I hunt.

Edited by Nomad

I do not do not do not like them 4.0 motors. Aluminum heads suck.... I blew 2.... also I'm to tall for jeeps...

Get yourself a Chevy or a taco....I put over 400,000 miles on a 89 chevy 350 and I now have 188,000 on a 96 taco. My new chevy is still under 20,000.

My taco is going to be my full time hunting truck. I'm actually redoing the whole front end on it right now. I'm going to add a 2" lift also...

received_10154201720837632.jpeg

received_10154201721082632.jpeg

th.jpg

Edited by Palawman30

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I've owned a lot of jeeps with the inline 6 and it seems like they just keep running no matter what, I had one with a rod knock that was my hunting vehicle, it had over 250k on it and ran for another 30k miles till I finally scrapped it still running and knocking. I'm not sure about the older 4.0 but all of mine seem to have sensors and such go bad but the engine itself is a very good engine. It's basically a tractor engine, I have a 01 grand Cherokee now and just had to replace the oil pressure sensor which took 5mins and it does have a mild valve tap on start up but apparently that's common on them engines. I hate my jeep now, seems like everything but the 4.0 engine is giving me problems