IGNORED

What trail cameras to buy?

DeplorableDan

Several of my cameras are shot and it's time to restock. I need about another 6 cameras, I'd love to get the cellular ones but they're so damn expensive! Although, the idea of not having to trample through the woods sounds perfect. I was looking at the plot watcher cameras and they look great, especially for catching poachers as well as deer, which I'm having problems with. Any recommendations? Which cameras give you the best bang for your buck? Which ones have performed best in your experience?

I also recommend the trophy cam aggressors. I own 3, 2 wireless, and they are great! 100 times better thab my coverts. I use to buy wildgames on sale and they died after a year if that, now id stick with bushnell. Trailcampro.com has them on sale now and they also sell their test cams at a reduced price and they come with a 2yr warranty. One of mine was new and 1 was their used and i have had 0 issues. Buy once cry once

Keep an eye on the CamoFire ad on the homepage of this site.  I've seen some outstanding camera deals the past few weeks--some are multi-camera bundles.  You can't beat CamoFire deals (and avoid looking at them Friday and Saturday nights after a few beers unless you like mystery packages showing up at your doorstep...just sayin').

I buy cheap cams because they're eventually gonna' break or some scumbag is going to help them disappear.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Please do check out the Camofire sidebar ad on the main page of the website and click it to go to Camofire directly, the site gets a small credit for any sales that way. Every little bit helps! :up:

I basically paid for the hosting of this site in that case.  I hope my family likes getting hunting gear that fits me for Christmas.  Stupid beer....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I basically paid for the hosting of this site in that case. I hope my family likes getting hunting gear that fits me for Christmas. Stupid beer....

Haha I wish, the site gets a very small percent of a sale. Much appreciated though, every bit helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used several brands/models over the years. I like Bushnell Essential 2 and Browning Strikeforce. Just so you know, this week's Cabelas flier advertises the Strike force as an in-store doorbuster special this Saturday for $80. Don't think I've seen for less. Good luck!

$80 for a Strikeforce is a great deal. Pretty good little cam but I have had problems with some of mine. Had to send 3 back for replacement within a year and now, 2 of the new ones they sent me have cracked door latches. The plastic seems too thin on the latch and it cracks, which doesn't allow the door to close tightly, and then water can get in and ruin the cam. So unless Browning has fixed that problem, go with the Bushnell E2. Those are great cams too. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.