IGNORED

47 acres....8 Guys

MTH

Haven't been on much as last week was 6-day and My time was devoted to hunting....But just had to share this.....

There's a new piece of state land in Sussex County that's small...just 47 acres, very huntable with bow, but about 1/3rd of it is out of bounds with the gun due to safety zone issues. I scouted the area in Mid November for deer drives during 6-day. I encountered 1 bow hunter walking out, saw a spot where another was hunting, and found a 3rd trail heading in from the opposite side of the property....heavy pressure but not horrible.....

I laid out a drive route and standing positions.....mapped it, and the crew decided we'd add it for the opener...as it was brand new state land, it was decided that it would be the first drive of the day, as it had likely never been driven before (at least as long as I've known).

Well 6-day sunup comes on Monday, and the standers head in...I was the longest driver, and the drive involved some fancy coordination to get the deer to go where we wanted....the drive was successful and we took two 6 points off the piece....Now here is where it gets crazy: In the process of doing the drive I passed no less than 8 guys that were sitting that property for opening day...."8"....there was roughly 30 acres where you could be with a gun on the piece and there were 8 guys in that 30 acres....  That's just nuts

I agree way too many guys on a small piece but that's their stupidity.....

Why are you driving on opening day at first light knowing hunters will be on stand? Common ethics and courtesy should of been utilized, plus don't you and your crew have private land to hunt? Drive that first, drive public land later in the week

Drives are useful and legal, but my opinion should be banned on all public lands.

One of many reasons I hunt so deep is get away from lazy hunters and drivers

Edited by BHC

Here we go, he points out that these 8 guys are all posted up on about 30 acres of safe hunting land who were all probably giving each other the stink I cause they set up on each other and it's the drive your complaining about, wow, it also wasn't long untill someone starts barking about banning a hunting style and getting in bed with the antis!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I'm sure those 8 guys were happy to see you on the first day of 6 day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

im sure those 8 guys were happy to stare at each other on six day too.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

GB, the point is that driving on opening day at first light knowing hunters are on stand is unethical, disrespectful, stingy, etc. I'm sure if this happened to you, you wouldn't be happy....

yeah, I get it, but I get worse from pot hunters on six day, like " What the fu@& you doing in my spot!" Or my favorite " get the fu#^ out of here, I've been hunting this spot for 10 years, you don't belong here" all this on public land so don't give me that crap, it's the reason I no longer hunt six day, so I say drive the hell out of it all tag out and go home, in fact instead of just banning drives I say we ban six day alltogether, nothing but trouble, tongue in cheek the last part. Lol

But the real unethical part is 8 guys set up on 30 hunt able acres, I mean these guys can practically spit on each other, not like they would have seen anything anyway!! On such a small piece of ground my guess he was not expecting that many, maybe one or two at most, but 8?! They all would be shooting at the same deer for crying out loud. Lol