IGNORED

Double Scrape

BHC

It's more about the location and the licking branches than about the area scraped on the ground.  If it's a community licking branch then you can get a number of scrapes under the branches that the deer are leaving scent on.  

Great find.   :up:  :up:

I put a camera on a beech tree with 4 scrapes under it every year for the last 3 seasons. Lots of small bucks hit it all times of the day but only two, 2.5 yr olds so far in 3 years, but it's on a WMA so while I hoped for better, I kind of expected what I got. Still, if you just want to see a buck it's a good spot for that.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

From my treestand I can see this area, it's downhill from me, it would be hard to tell if it's a buck walking thru......but 1/2 way between me and this scrape I have seen bucks of all sizes including does walk thru.....it peeked my intrest to take a walk to see, it's not far from overgrown briar fields, and it's in a natural funnel....come February I will do more work to find a good tree

Found a tree several years ago with four or five scrapes under it.  Found it while tracking a buck I shot.  Found one this year in PA during bear season right near my buddies stand with two scrapes under it.  They were both still being hit into deer season.  I shot a buck the first Saturday and from that point on they stopped being hit.  My buddy says I stole his buck :rofl:  

They don't look like scrapes to me. Hard to tell in the pic but I see no deer tracks and just some claw marks.

Maybe you need glasses or need to know what your talking about!!!! I dont know you and if you ever killed anything good but i know for sure what I'm talking about...

They don't look like scrapes to me. Hard to tell in the pic but I see no deer tracks and just some claw marks.

when the buck rakes his hoof across the dirt those are exactly the marks it leaves.  More likely to see what Buck154 posted in a fresh scrape, than tracks.  It's not uncommon to see bucks make scrapes from the stand, I see it a lot starting in September.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….