IGNORED

Well, at 240k the Tahoe transmission gave out

BowhunterNJ

Was headed to a family holiday dinner in PA yesterday, halfway there 4th gave out in OD. Had to turn around a limp home in 3rd. At the mechanic getting rebuilt now...cheaper than a new truck and I plan on keeping his one after I get something new anyway. Known a few guys with Tahoes over the years, almost all had the trans go around 200k.

Hope to have it have it back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner quoted me $1200-1500 and has 12 month/12k miles warranty on the rebuild

http://www.balduccisautonj.com

They def get a lot of business there. Big garage. Lot of vehicles being worked on and waiting to be worked on. I spoke with the owner last night, seemed like a great guy. He test drove my truck last night with me, took me into the shop showed me the transmissions he was working on currently. Showed me one just like mine, explained the different parts, etc and didn't charge me for any of his time before he had my business. A lot of shops would charge you for the diagnosis. He really went above and beyond for no charge at all. Will keep you posted on the end result and final cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW I have 440,000 miles on my 2013 Peterbilt 587 Trans... Just say'n.. :cupcoffee:

Somehow I think those are built a little bit different :)

Toyota transmissions never fail or break down?  Define "lifetime" of the vehicle...300K? 400K? 500K?

I have to say 200K on a Chevy for a $1500 rebuild to get it the rest of it's life (400K+?) is pretty good.

my trans went on my dodge 01 2500. it cost me 800 just to get it towed, then another 5,000 for a jasper rebuilt. that was the last time i even own a big pick up truck lol. everything went on the trans, i had no gears what so ever, never towed anything with it. happened around 210,000 miles.