IGNORED

North NJ Pheasant Hunting

MrFrantastic

Hey all.... heading out for a pheasant hunt in the upcoming weeks. I'll be going to one of the northern WMAs, so either Black River, Clinton, Flatbrook, or Delaware Water Gap. Any advice on which is a better spot than others? I'm familiar with Black River & Flatbrook, but not the others. Thanks for your help.

Crowds in every one of those. There are no quiet spots when it comes to stocked chickens unfortunately. About the only exception is some of the swamps that I hit in late season if it's frozen solid. The birds will hide in the grass hummocks where most hunters won't go but you need a good dog to point them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the realocation, they are not even there anymore, at least not as many, by this time last year my dog was averaging 6-10 points/flushes for a 3-4 hour tour of whittingham on a Monday, so far this year? We found 2 birds and I killed one. It will be worse next year and even worse for 2018, I will no longer be buying a stamp to hunt birds that aren't there anymore, I only get Monday's to hunt, and if they are put less out and they get shot at the same rate that mean less to no hold overs. Not wasting my time.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.