IGNORED

Veteran Appreciation Hunt

Oneday121o

Heard they need Lic. and Stamp BS if true.

Why is it BS? Anybody who hunts in nj needs to have the proper license, stamps, permits. They are free to veterans you just have to provide proof of service. If he/she can't handle that simple task then they shouldn't be hunting.

Hope the hunt was a great one this morning and hope the afternoon hunt is a good one. Got some beautiful weather today. Little breezy but it's dry.

Why is it BS? Anybody who hunts in nj needs to have the proper license, stamps, permits. They are free to veterans you just have to provide proof of service. If he/she can't handle that simple task then they shouldn't be hunting.

Hope the hunt was a great one this morning and hope the afternoon hunt is a good one. Got some beautiful weather today. Little breezy but it's dry.

Correct me if I am wrong This is a Hunt for     (  VETERANS  )

The last time I looked Veterans need to Pay for Fishing - Hunting - Stamps in New Jersey I think you have this mixed up with-----------------------------------------------------------ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS ---------------------------------------------------------------  If they gave them to veterans they would lose Millions. Nice Try though I get a Free NJ fishing License & Stamp as a Senior I am a USN VET don't you think I would have taken advantage of that some 54 years ago  :headscratch:    I do get a 10% discount at Lowes with my Veterans Card  :up:

Also, don't go negative The wording is in The Flyer  

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1957Buck,

You Sir are 100% correct.

The pheasant hunt today was for veterans only, past & present.

The free license is for "Disabled Veterans" only.

And yes, you needed a valid license and a pheasant stamp to participate in todays event..

You need to follow the laws or cannot hunt.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I had someone tell me to get disability benefits from the VA so I can take advantage of the system I think it's bullshit and I do not take advantage of the system I am not disabled mentally or physically there are so many vets who need as much as they get I pay the regular price it doesn't bother me one bit it goes to wildlife restoration so I'm happy about that.and yes 1957 is right it's active or disabled and seniors that get discounts

Edited by smoking gun

1957Buck,

You Sir are 100% correct.

The pheasant hunt today was for veterans only, past & present.

The free license is for "Disabled Veterans" only.

And yes, you needed a valid license and a pheasant stamp to participate in todays event..

You need to follow the laws or cannot hunt.

Wow and this from a Marine Thank You for your service I was Navy E4 no need for the Sir  :happywave: And now Serving in The Army.

New Jersey Salvation Army Disaster Unit Monmouth County . 

download.png

Don't know how this topic was switched to a question of eligibility but today's hunt was for all veterans not just DV and active; however they were contacted because those were the only know Veterans registered with a hunting license. Hope to see you all there next year!

Don't know how this topic was switched to a question of eligibility but today's hunt was for all veterans not just DV and active; however they were contacted because those were the only know Veterans registered with a hunting license. Hope to see you all there next year!

Please read the Flyer My objection as posted was BS my objection was the need for licenses there are many hunts and fishing trips held thru out many states where Nothing is required but Service  ID.  As the organizer for any event. the rules are set by them. And when held on Public Lands it should be inclusive. just my opinion. I will be at the Vietnam memorial Dec.14 10:30 am for Wreaths across America Run for The Fallen Jackson ,Wounded Warriors Run Jackson. National Guard Family Day Sea Girt. Christmas at The Lions Hospital.  and Menlopark Veterans Home. Support our Troops Fort Dix Deployments. There are no Restrictions Come on out to any of these all Welcome.  

Edited by 1957Buck

Please read the Flyer My objection as posted was BS my objection was the need for licenses there are many hunts and fishing trips held thru out many states where Nothing is required but Service  ID.  As the organizer for any event. the rules are set by them. And when held on Public Lands it should be inclusive. just my opinion. I will be at the Vietnam memorial Dec.14 10:30 am for Wreaths across America Run for The Fallen Jackson ,Wounded Warriors Run Jackson. National Guard Family Day Sea Girt. Christmas at The Lions Hospital.  and Menlopark Veterans Home. Support our Troops Fort Dix Deployments. There are no Restrictions Come on out to any of these all Welcome.

Yea, but technically it wasn't a preserve and even in NJ on pheasant preserves you still need to follow w all the rules and be licensed. They just provide you with transportation tags for the extra birds you harvested. This was held on a WMA, so technically all normal rules would apply. Think about it, you don't want a bunch of people first time bird hunting and hasn't taken a safety shotgun course next to you would you? Or hinting over your dog? I wouldn't...I don't know how half the people that hunt colliers passed the course lol.