IGNORED

WY Outfitter Recommendations

buckman37

Has anyone on here had experience with an outfitter in northwestern Wyoming hunting for elk and or mule deer? My dad and I would like to get out to that part of the country and will be going into next year's draw with 4 preference points.

It has been a long process and I am very apprehensive with just finding an outfitter online and using reviews that I have googled. I am being very hopeful that someone on here has been out there and has positive feedback for a quality outfitter that they have experienced first hand (or even negative feedback and a heads up for who to avoid).

Thanks everyone!

A couple of guys from that other site have hunted successfully with Sleeping Indian OF maybe they are here and will pipe up.

Another good one in the Bighorns was Tripple3 OF owned and run by Craig Smith and his wife along with others but Craig died a year ago and I don't know how things went this season or what their plans are for the future. I have hunted with a great group on the Montanna side of the Bighorns but your PPoints will do you no good there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have hunted in NW Wyoming 4 times.  3 times with Sleeping Indian Outfitters.  Last year I helped a forum member with getting drawn, some logistics and in the end he had a great hunt and killed an Elk.  I would recommend the outfitter mainly because they hunt hard and I think if you give 100% you will get your shot opportunity.  Luckily the three times I have hunted with them I have tagged out (2 Elk, 2 Mule deer, 1 Antelope).  I do plan on going next year.  Just remember that the Elk Draw deadline is in January. You can PM me your number if you want to discuss.  I am in the northern part of the state if you want to meet up and see the mounts or BS.

I know some guys that hunted with 7j outfitters and have a great time.

Seems like they do a lot of volume.  Lodge looks very nice and looks like they have a lot of help hence the pricing.  

At Sleeping Indian they do not run a lot of clients through and they do no pressure the land very hard.  If anybody wants to talk more about them please PM me a number to call.  

• 1 month later...

I have hunted in NW Wyoming 4 times.  3 times with Sleeping Indian Outfitters.  Last year I helped a forum member with getting drawn, some logistics and in the end he had a great hunt and killed an Elk.  I would recommend the outfitter mainly because they hunt hard and I think if you give 100% you will get your shot opportunity.  Luckily the three times I have hunted with them I have tagged out (2 Elk, 2 Mule deer, 1 Antelope).  I do plan on going next year.  Just remember that the Elk Draw deadline is in January. You can PM me your number if you want to discuss.  I am in the northern part of the state if you want to meet up and see the mounts or BS.

What he said. I posted the hunt on this forum.

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

• 1 year later...

Has anyone on here had experience with an outfitter in northwestern Wyoming hunting for elk and or mule deer? My dad and I would like to get out to that part of the country and will be going into next year's draw with 4 preference points.

It has been a long process and I am very apprehensive with just finding an outfitter online and using reviews that I have googled. I am being very hopeful that someone on here has been out there and has positive feedback for a quality outfitter that they have experienced first hand (or even negative feedback and a heads up for who to avoid).

Thanks everyone!

What ever happened?

My parents have both hunted with bear track outfitters numerous times for mainly mule deer and some antelope. Both my parents have killed some great mulies and always raved about their guides and service. My fathers last mule deer scored 190! Pm me if you want my fathers number for reference.