IGNORED

Hit a Buck Yesterday

Rusty

I hit a buck yesterday, with a face full of corn.  :rofl:

I was setting up a spot for a youth for 6-day and I figured I'd spread some corn in the area.  Just as I threw a scoop of corn, a racked buck stepped up over a rise not 20 yards away and I showered him with corn.  It scared the living daylights out of that poor deer, it's probably still running as we speak.  :rofl:  

I hit a buck yesterday, with a face full of corn.  :rofl:

I was setting up a spot for a youth for 6-day and I figured I'd spread some corn in the area.  Just as I threw a scoop of corn, a racked buck stepped up over a rise not 20 yards away and I showered him with corn.  It scared the living daylights out of that poor deer, it's probably still running as we speak.  :rofl:  

The buck I'm sure is upset know that he knows corn does not grow on trees.

The buck I'm sure is upset know that he knows corn does not grow on trees.

I bet at least 85% of the NJ deer population either believe corn does grow on trees or there is a magical corn fairy....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Three years ago, I stopped at one of my properties to dump some deer mix out and while I was dumping the 50 pound bag, I got the feeling that I was being watched. I turned around and no more than 15 feet away, stood a 4 point buck. I jumped back at the same time that he did. I walked away back words and he walked right up to my feed pile.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Three years ago, I stopped at one of my properties to dump some deer mix out and while I was dumping the 50 pound bag, I got the feeling that I was being watched. I turned around and no more than 15 feet away, stood a 4 point buck. I jumped back at the same time that he did. I walked away back words and he walked right up to my feed pile.

Kinda like this?   :rofl:

Baiting 2.jpeg

I stopped baiting after Rudolph stopped playing with the other deer. He'd be waiting for me close to the spot and no sooner than I turned around he'd be feasting on the handout.

Here he thought it was them who didn't want to hang because of his red nose. Did you know he had a few little brothers and sisters who got it all wrong, too. They didn't play much at all. Just hung out waiting for the feed bag.

I'll probably get reamed for this but here goes.......... first good for you getting the kid out there. What I would do on our Youth Hunts was spread the Corn around so it wasn't noticeable. Kid doesn't even know the area is baited. Then they can decide when they get older and hunt alone whether they want to use bait or not.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I'll probably get reamed for this but here goes.......... first good for you getting the kid out there. What I would do on our Youth Hunts was spread the Corn around so it wasn't noticeable. Kid doesn't even know the area is baited. Then they can decide when they get older and hunt alone whether they want to use bait or not.

You read my mind.   :up:

The "kid" Rusty is spreading corn for has a red neck beard. That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.