IGNORED

NJ Compliant AR-15's.

My family and I have been going through my out of state late father's gun collection and in part of the collection, I inherited both of his AR-15's.My brother nor my sister wants them. I've never owned a military rifle before and I have no idea if these are legal in New Jersey. They both have non-collapsible stocks and both have the bayonet lugs. I know that the lugs have to be taken off. They do not have any flash suppressors. One rifle is a CMMG Model MOD4 SA 5.56x45mm NATO 20" barrel and the other one is a High Standard Model HAS-15 5.56x45mm NATO 20" barrel. Any advice is greatly appreciated. His collection is quite extensive. It's going to take us awhile to go through everything. Thanks.

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Aside from the evil bayonet lug ( you know, cause of all the drive by bayonetings in Camden ) which you already know needs to go, you also have block to 15rds or ditch those evil high cap 30rd mags aside from that what you listed makes you legal as soon as the lug is ground off, or better yet sell those barrels out of state and put legal ones on.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Wow!! Looks like if I order an air soft gun it has to go through an FFL?! It's a friggin toy!!! It shoot plastic 4 mm pellets! Geeze this state SUCKS!!!!!!! Lol as if we did not know that already. Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

The Bayonet Lug if part of the F style front sight gas block. Just switch it to one that does not have a Lug. Or use one of these.

TLR-1_zpsdcc53295.jpg

Edited by Stevo

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

TarHunt...Cut the bayonet-lugs off, file so it looks neat and hit the filed area with cold blue and your done.  You stated the barrel does not have a device on the end, but is it threaded?  if not your rifles will be legal once you cut the bayonet-lug off.  

If the barrel is threaded you need to get something on the end other than a flash-hider, brake or compensator is legal and have it pinned and welded.  

The pistol grip is fine, unless you live in NY state.  Cuomo screwed them people over royal.

TarHunt...Cut the bayonet-lugs off, file so it looks neat and hit the filed area with cold blue and your done.  You stated the barrel does not have a device on the end, but is it threaded?  if not your rifles will be legal once you cut the bayonet-lug off.  

If the barrel is threaded you need to get something on the end other than a flash-hider, brake or compensator is legal and have it pinned and welded.  

The pistol grip is fine, unless you live in NY state.  Cuomo screwed them people over royal.

Thanks. I realized after I reread the regs that I can just cut off the bayonet lugs and get rid of the larger mags. Since this is such an evil gun state, I just wanted to make sure that I stay out of the news reports.

If the mags are metal and you know someone with a welder it's easy to make them legal.  Figure where the follower sits with 14 rounds rounds loaded just to be safe, drill a hole in the back spine and install a blind rivet, then give it a tack weld and your done.  If they are plastic mags you will need to install a block and permanently glue the base back on with epoxy, my understanding is a blind rivet alone without an actual weld is not acceptable. 

If the mags are metal and you know someone with a welder it's easy to make them legal.  Figure where the follower sits with 14 rounds rounds loaded just to be safe, drill a hole in the back spine and install a blind rivet, then give it a tack weld and your done.  If they are plastic mags you will need to install a block and permanently glue the base back on with epoxy, my understanding is a blind rivet alone without an actual weld is not acceptable. 

All of the mags are metal. How many that he has? I have no clue. I know that most of them are 20 to 30 rounds. I'll be going back down there soon to go through everything again.