IGNORED

11-11-16 Check in-- Bucks were cruising this am

LPJR

Doused my drag rag with doe in heat scent and walked the 200 yards to my tree at 0530 this morning. After getting settled in my climber, I saw a huge bodied deer following my exact trail I walked in on with his nose to the ground. Although still dark I could only see 1 long spike as it walked past. From sunup until 730, 3 small bucks followed my drag rag to 20 yards. The one in the pic I grunted to within 5 yards of the tree, pretty cool.... I made a decision this year to shoot only one deer that I am after, everything else walks.

At 9am it is like someone turned the deer switch off, lol...Left to take my son to the farm to shoot the slug guns, muzzleloaders, and some clays.

rut.jpg

I left z8 at 11am to get out of the wind. I dropped down to z14. Got in my stand at 115 on a property I haven't bow hunted in a few years. At 336 I grunted in a big mature buck to 13 yards,but he stopped bebehind a tree for what seemed like forever only to have the wind swirl and he caught my sent .Game over. O. The bright side this 90 arc piece only gets hunting pressure from me. Hopping to set up on this buck tomorrow afternoon again