IGNORED

Self filming questions/ what camera?

Farmingdales Finest

So I was informed by my wife this morning when she saw how much venison has been put in the freezer between my son and I in the last two weeks that I can't kill anymore.

My son wants me to come and guide him and give moral support.

So my questions are what's a good camera for amateur videoing a deer hunt so it needs to be good in low light without breaking the bank? Say maximum all in 800 for the camera and arm and what ever else I may need so it doesn't shake like the Blair Witch project. LOL

I have no expectations of trying to get on a hunting show just for personal consumption.

Looking forward to hear what you've got to suggest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

Low light is a real issue in filming. You loose video recordability around 30 min before you lose shooting light. So that last 1/2 hour is a bust for filming. Any cam that records in at least 720 P HD will do. Even cheapo Nikon digital cams at $99. Figure on a 10X optical zoom. And you'll be good. You'll also need a tree camera arm. But you can get those for $35 on line. You can put together a cheap DIY filming package for under $200. Play with it and the upgrade from there. Keep in mind that another expense will be video editing software. You'll

Need to fine tune that raw footage

you will want 

manual focus

manual white balance

a shotgun mic input

a LANC input

check on Amazon for a used Canon Vixia

i have a canon HFS21 for truck interview work. it stays on a tripod in the truck.

i use a DSLR when hunting. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association