IGNORED

11/6 Check-in and Live Report!

BowhunterNJ

Couldn't sleep, so I'm up early and getting ready. Figured I'd kick this puppy off! Anyone else headed out today? Feels like 47 right now, NNW winds all day. Hopefully they're moving! Good luck all!

I'll be in the woods before first light but I'm not carrying a bow.  I'm checking out a spot for another hunter.  You know my philosophy, why shoot deer when you can get others to shoot them for you.  :D

Good luck out there.   :up:

Sat by my house on the edge of the swamp last night and used my "pet" does for live bait. Only had an ugly looking 5 point come in and harass them a bit until dark. After I got out chaos erupted and 2 different bucks were chasing a doe through my yard, into the swamp and down my driveway and back. 1 was a decent buck with some mass.

Back there this morning for a quick sit, and only 1 spike cruising through 80 yards away. Gusty variable switching winds.

I got down from thick powerline stand at 7:40am on a hunch the big 7 pt was in my woods. I would have been there but my buddy wanted to but he could not get out of bed after the late recovery of his son's buck. Man was I right. I let the lab out while putting on a quick pot of coffee to put in thermos so I could get in stand closest to my house next the bedding travel corridor. I look out window and see the big buck coming from my stand out my path to my yard and he headed back up across street to where I just was. I am back in behind my buddy's house now I think he will scrape here the size of fresh scrapes here are enormous. Gonna sit till 10:30. To add further insult - after I left this buck bedded with a doe yesterday , I pulled the card and saw that he was at the community scrape stand stand 1:30 - exactly 1.5 hours after I left him and 1.5 hours before I got in community scrape stand last night. This is what makes it fun. The cat and mouse games. And what it does to us mentally. This is a rogue move that actually makes sense. He bred that doe and is seeking and scraping and this stand has more scrapes and bigger scrapes in a small area than I have ever seen in my life.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Deer are rutting in my area. My dog chased a doe in heat last night on a walk, the smell of her was so thick I could gag. Saw an 8 point chasing a doe this morning on my 6 mile run and heard of a few bucks killed yesterday. Saw A couple gut piles on the trails also this morning. It's a slow and steady rut but this is the first time I've seen any behavior in my area. I'm a little trigger happy so I'm going to check my cam then go spear fishing. If something good is on there I may stay and hunt. See what the woods tells me...

Edited by Oneday121o