IGNORED

should have hunted from the truck!

mazzgolf

I can't believe this stuff happens to me.

Final day of fall turkey, I'm out pre-dawn, and I don't hear or see a thing all morning. Well, I have to be somewhere in the afternoon, so I could only stay for the morning. 11am rolls around, and I pack up everything and unload, but I just had a feeling, so I put one shell in my hand. I'm walking down the dirt driveway to where I was parked and damn if I don't see 4 turkeys not 10 feet from my truck!!!! Are you kidding me????  :blink:

What to do? :think:  I can't work these birds for another half hour, I got places to be! I'd be pressing my time if i bag one that second to fit in time for the check-in. Well, I hurry and get as forward as I can and sit by a tree and hope that one makes a mistake quick. One presents me with a shot, but of course I miss! I rushed the shot knowing I didn't have a lot of time, and it was probably a bit too far out. Bird flew away - had to have felt the wind of the shot blow by its head! The other three high-tailed it into the woods. And so ends my fall turkey season.  :shakehead: *sigh* Well, at least I had a chance at one - the only chance I had all week and it's while I was walking back to the truck on the last day, go figure.