IGNORED

Barnett Recruit Crossbow??

Williemo

Depends on the size of your 10 year old. My kids cock crossbows but they have cranks. Not sure if Barnett has one that will fit that model but look into it. Someone on this sight or the other was selling a Parker Challenger for $200 which was crazy cheap. You can buy the crank for that and Parker has a lifetime guarantee.

Edited by buckfever1974

My 14 year old struggles with his Barnett recurve. Mark is small for his age though, and height is an issue more than strength I think (leverage) He can ALMOST get it. I'd say you'll be doing the cocking for him.

My son wrestled most of his life so I don't think it's a muscular type thing, I think it's a leverage thing so if your kid is tall he might have an advantage, also, remember, kids will use all back for this kind of thing, PLEASE, take it from me, PLEASE teach him to keep straight and use his legs and arms.

If you're close to South West Burlco,   Stop by or meet me and you can borrow my son's for the day/weekend to see if he can get the technique down.

In my opinion, if it's a great deal, go for it, they're very light and easy to steady compared to some of the snob brands and even some other moderate brands. He can only grow into it, right?

My son started off with a Barnett RC150 about 7 or 8 years ago (Whatever that first year they were legal was)....He's always been small for his age....The RC150 was a 150# cross bow with a two handled cocking rope...He had no issues cocking it....I'm guessing he was maybe 11 or 12 when he got it.....He now hunts with a Barnett Ghost 400

My son is 10 and has the exact same crossbow and CANNOT cock it using the rope cocker it came with.   He is built like an Ox, 110 lbs and I would say is strong, but cannot do it. It is a great crossbow for him, lightweight and accurate.