IGNORED

Pheasant G/T results!!! Pix!!

Well? We had a great turn out and had some fun dispite the rough start in the morning.

I got there at 7:30 and everyone was already there and the guys at Hunt's where out stocking, we split off into two groups since there were two dogs. The day started off with no wind at all!! Not even a puff. As a result the dogs were hard pressed to find the birds, and they were moving, Attila bumped a rooster early that was out of range, the next 2 flushed close but with the sun in our eyes they were missed, then a soft breeze blew by and Attilla locked up and I flattened the first bird of our day in a cloud of feathers!! Yep, I powder puffed it. Lol still plenty of meat on it!! A few more points and fushes ended with misses.

As we all met up at the barn, it was the same story, Remmy had a hard time in the heat and lack of a breeze, but they did get a few, as the fields were restocked and we switched fields a nice soft steady breeze came up and Attila started pointing more birds Luknik, 230jhp and I were hunting in one group with luknik's son shooting, by the third strip of cover we put up 3 roosters killing one, missing one and winging one that gave us the slip, as we worked on, we hit another that we lost at first but later found, but while looking for it I shot a hen bird that tried to make a break for it by running, Attila was pointing a rooster near by that also ran but slipped us, he found another rooster that tried to be a track star but I got him too, then a good solid point by the pup resulted in my 4th bird, but had I not opens my gun I would have had a double as a second rooter flushed in front of me while heard over the the first one, Later Luke out a nice poke on a fine rooster, and 230 hit the one that we lost temporally but later found. All in all I would've liked it to be about 20 degrees cooler with a better breeze!!! Here are a few pix!!!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

It was a blast, pun intended.

Just so everyone knows, this will be Attila's 11th season and he still shows no sign of slowing down!! Due to his age I keep a close eye on him but he still gives it 110%!!! But right now he's out cold!! Lol he will turn 12 on the 28th of December.

Edited by GhostBear

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Had a good time and met some great people this morning! I'll echo Paul's sentiment, if it was about 20 degrees cooler it would have been much better.

Looking forward to doing this again a little later in the season when the conditions will be more favorable.

It was indeed a great day. It was great seeing Paul again after several years. Same is true for Lucknik and meeting his son. He seems like a great kid. Of course it was also great meeting Sig and First& Second for the first time and the other two guys he brought.

Attila did great in spite of the no wind and heat. If it wasn't for his faded face hair one would think he was a much younger dog.

The Hunt preserve had excellent cover and the proprietor ,Paul (the owner not Ghostbear), was johnny on the spot with water on a hot day. The management of the place was much more friendly than other similar places I have been. I will probably be there again this season with a friend I grew up with  ( someone I have hunted with on and off since the 1960's)and with Ghostbear as a guide. 

Edited by 230jhp

It was a blast, pun intended.

Just so everyone knows, this will be Attila's 11th season and he still shows no sign of slowing down!! Due to his age I keep a close eye on him but he still gives it 110%!!! But right now he's out cold!! Lol he will turn 12 on the 28th of December.

No doubt. he is a great dog. plenty of energy on this hit day.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Great job Ghostbear.

Paul the owner seemed right on time with water for us and the dog. birds got up and flew and he is just a hell of a nice guy.

Everyone was really nice.

Can't wait til Weather cools down to go again. also look forward to benefit hunt in January . 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford