IGNORED

Sunday gun hunting????

My buddy emailed me today saying that up for vote is Sunday hunting with the gun on private property ???? Anyone hear about this ? This is what he sent me

Bill A 1538 allowing Sunday Firearm hunting on private property Bill S 800 authorizes hunting of all game animals every day of the week..

What's the difference they already allow semi wild clubs to bird hunt... So really what's the big deal open up across the state.. I have more of a problem with no permits for crossbows..I need a rifle permit to hunt with a muzzleloader plus a permit..

Really it will come down to money in this state.. We no longer manage wildlife in NJ.. They manganese you wallet..

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Yes it will be for private land only. They are getting a lot of opposition from the southern gun clubs over this in the federation of sportsman clubs

What's their reasoning for the opposition ?

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

What's their reasoning for the opposition ?

They say too many deer getting killed already and enough is enough. Plus they are saying Sunday is for Church and Family.

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I for one hope it goes through, it is a long time overdo.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

What needs to be understood here is that this is more a land use issue than a hunting issue. If I own the land, and I pay the taxes, I decide if there is hunting on my property on Sunday. Much like Sunday bow, it gives the person who works 5 (and maybe 6) days a week another option. As far as "too many deer being killed".....less liberal bag limits would go further to limit the harvest than not allowing hunting on Sunday. That argument, regardless who is trying to make it, is a weak one at best.

If it gets passed, I would hope they cut back on liberal bag limits, also cut back on the 6 months of hunting, give the herd a chance to rebuild, also if this is successful I hope in the future they don't expand it to public land