IGNORED

Great Day!

Bowhunter444

First thing that happened today was I found out I was hired full time with Manalapan DPW which I have been working for part-time. After finding out that news I decided to hit one of my treestands and try to put some venison in the freezer, as this year with Sandy hitting us I was working 60hr work weeks and not getting anytime in the woods. My freezer is almost empty. The first excitement of the evening was having 6 longbeards come into my bait all were nice mature birds. they hung around feeding for an hour. next was a little after five had six deer come in The maternal doe gave me a quartering away shot at 15 yrd but as I came to full draw she sensed something not right and took off, I knew the other deer would be right behind her so i quickly pick out another and settle the pin and let it rip. The shot was true and the deer only went 40 yrd. the only bad point was it was a button buck but still dressed at 62lbs. Much needed venison in the freezer!

DCP_0816_zpsc9ac946e.jpg

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Those Button bucks are a problem.. I dont like taking them but they are often the size of a decent doe and its hard to tell the difference.. to me the only Indicator is they tend to be the first to a bait pile and don’t spook nearly as easily as the older deer.... eh, :whatever:

:D

Congradulations on a late season deer.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL