IGNORED

Venison Jerky

Rusty

A rainy Saturday seemed like the perfect time to break in the new dehydrator.  And I just happened to have a big old doe lying around so why not make some jerky.    

I tried a new recipe that came out pretty good.

1 c apple cider vinegar

1 c worcestershire sauce

1/2 c brown sugar

2 tbsp garlic powder

2 tbsp salt

1 tbsp pepper

doe.jpeg

jerky.jpeg

Edited by Rusty

Marinated overnight and in the dehydrator for 8 hours.  

Other than the backstraps and tender loins the entire deer is jerky.   :)

Looks Tasty!! How many trays is your dehydrator? And about how much jerky did you end up with? I've been thinking about getting a dehydrator and doing the same thing..

Looks Tasty!! How many trays is your dehydrator? And about how much jerky did you end up with? I've been thinking about getting a dehydrator and doing the same thing..

We picked up this 10 tray dehydrator at Cabelas a couple of weeks ago.  This was its maiden voyage, it worked really well.

I'm not sure how much the jerky weighs, it's a bunch but it doesn't last long.  

dehydrator.jpeg

We picked up this 10 tray dehydrator at Cabelas a couple of weeks ago.  This was its maiden voyage, it worked really well.

I'm not sure how much the jerky weighs, it's a bunch but it doesn't last long.  

attachicon.gifdehydrator.jpeg

Thanks, I think I'm going to get the 10 tray also, the jerky definitely won't last long around here either!!