IGNORED

Chimney Sweep?

cantw82start

I need one in Essex too.

I grew up with the guy that owns the company that I posted above.  When I called him to clean my chimney he said no, he wasn't gonna do it.  He said it would cost me less to buy the tools needed than it would cost for a single cleaning.  So I went out and bought the tools and have been doing it myself ever since.  

We heat almost exclusively with wood so I do mine 2x a year.   

I heat exclusively with Coal unless temps drop into the single digits at night then the gas furnaces kick in.  When I had them clean it after 2 years of use he said it was VERY clean with little to no fly ash build up (no creosote with coal).  The main reason I pay somebody is for insurance reasons.  I have a receipt that I do the cleanings, god forbid something bad happens.

I grew up with the guy that owns the company that I posted above.  When I called him to clean my chimney he said no, he wasn't gonna do it.  He said it would cost me less to buy the tools needed than it would cost for a single cleaning.  So I went out and bought the tools and have been doing it myself ever since.  

i agree. i bought the fiberglass rods and brush and started doing it myself. its very easy and no need to spend that much money every season to get it done.