IGNORED

Who Enjoys Winter Bow?

Rusty

Winter bow with a couple of inches of snow on the ground is the best. The deer don't blend in and you can see them a long way off. Tracking them after the shot is a lot easier as well. The woods are empty and the deer seem to calm down just a little.

I'm with T Cook the forever gun seasons around my area keeps me either away from some of my spots or joining in with the gunners the few bow only spots I have I have to be VERY careful not to burn out.

Years ago it was my favorite time.....na scratch that all but the first few weeks in the heat is my favorite time acorns, prerut, rut ML 6 day ML again and winter bow are all my favorite time.

Winter bow is awesome.  As others said, I love the cold and the man vs. the elements aspect of it.  Really got to earn your deer then with long cold waits and trying to avoid frostbite.  Think The Revenant (movie).  No heater packs or battery powered clothing.  Just layers of clothing and my desire to get a deer versus mother nature.  I don't make it out as often as I should but that has been more a function of personal life stuff and this season I'm planning on getting out as often as I can for it.  Quiet woods, less pressure equals good times.

never hunted deer during the winter. i have plans to do that this year. during the winter months it was always about small game and trapping for me. i would like to take a deer this jan with a shotgun or muzzleloader. 

Great pics Rusty, good luck this year, or next year I guess.  :up:

I used to really enjoy winter bow until they started the nonsense with the gun seasons going into February. Years ago, the woods actually quieted down a bit and with some snow on the ground, you could get on a buck coming to a late season food source. Its a lot tougher now, but when things are quiet, it is a great time to be in the woods

Me too. I used to enjoy it a lot. Now, between ML and permit shotgun, the WMA's I hunt are usually pretty busy during January. We really only have a week or so of "bow" season in January, the rest is a multi weapon season. The few deer that remain stay underground until about midnight by then, so, not so much a winter bow fan any longer. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.