IGNORED

The bucks are starting to move

jerseybowhunter

Rusty you gotta at least give an answer for a creative and witty post like that!

Well, since I spent 6 years in school getting a masters in wildlife management, specifically researching deer management, I'll try to be serious for just one minute.  I do remember reading a study where buck urine, doe urine, and human urine were each poured into scrapes to see which deer preferred.  Bucks were attracted to the buck pee the most, human pee next, and doe pee the least.   

Edited by Rusty

Well, since I spent 6 years in school getting a masters in wildlife management, specifically researching deer management, I'll try to be serious for just one minute.  I do remember reading a study where buck urine, doe urine, and human urine was poured into scrapes to see which deer preferred.  Bucks were attracted to the buck pee the most, human pee next, and doe pee the least.

Did the gender of the human pee make a difference? Just wondering if I should ask my girlfriend for some free samples...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Well, since I spent 6 years in school getting a masters in wildlife management, specifically researching deer management, I'll try to be serious for just one minute.  I do remember reading a study where buck urine, doe urine, and human urine was poured into scrapes to see which deer preferred.  Bucks were attracted to the buck pee the most, human pee next, and doe pee the least.   

Should I get my gf to pee in the scrapes near my stands????? lol 

Back to serious I guess I will just stay in stands sans scent wicks with doe pee.

That sounds like a great way to lose a girlfriend, how big is the buck that you are after? 

Big enough to risk it lol.  She is tolerant of being a hunting widow for now but we'll see once we are hitched.  Second time around for both of us and we are in our 40's but I think she is ok with me hunting and fishing and not being in bars or strip clubs.  I came home bloody last week from gutting my deer and she literally started gagging when I walked through the door.  She was on the phone with one of her friends and it was priceless.  Forget that I love venison and everything about bowhunting just seeing her turn green was worth every dollar and hour spent in the woods. 

That sounds like a great way to lose a girlfriend, how big is the buck that you are after?

She is not a big fan of hunting, but just short of being an "anti"... She is coming around though. As for buck - bigger the better!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I try to start one scrape with a dripper just in case the deer dont hit it right away. I cant stop by and pee in it every night LOL. Once the deer hit it and keep it active you can take the dripper away. I usually like to leave it so I know I have one scrape that is been dripped on during the day, everyday. My other scrapes Ill just pee in to start and hope the deer keep it active. 

I shot a 6 point that just came from freshening up a scrape I peed in a few hours before.

Rusty my question is: What about peeing from your stand during the early season? When we are close to the rut I never hold back from letting it fly on stand but Im always hesitant during the early season and use a bottle.