IGNORED

Pics of pedals, guess its true

68Ioweu1

I would have never hunted specifically for that bear and I never would have shot it no matter the circumstance.  And I'll criticize the hunter - while it might have been legal, it was a stupid move to 1) shoot it in the first place and 2) publicize that he did it.  With the amount of freaking bears available, I feel there was no need.  And certainly no need to antagonize the idiots on the other side.

I'll also say this, regarding the whole justification argument of the "put it out of its misery" excuse:  The DFW should have put that bear down or permitted it to be taken to some sort of rehab facility sanctuary to head off the shit-show that was bound to happen..............

OK all points valid, and I agree but "Peddles" is or was an apex predator, how long would it take for opinions to change on this wounded animal had he swiped at or killed a family pet or child? I only have a few Bears where I live and when I get them on camera or in my front yard I and my kids are happy to see them. As stated this was a wounded animal. So the question is just cause he was an Internet star should we as a race with morals allow an animal to keep living a life in pain if we have the means to end their discomfort? IMO would have shot the bear and tagged him in as any other dead bear, ONLY an a $$ hole would brag or let it be known what he did. Hunting is not ment to be about dick stretching but providing for friends and family and teaching right from wrong. The only thing this hunter did was brag about what he shot. Other than that if shot was good his ego was only thing in the way

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I believe there was much $ raised to do a human relocation,now that the eyebrows are up this one knuckle head caused a plethora of questions.He needs to man up,tell the truth and publicly apologize for a beginning.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

We all reminded each other on here about be ethical and taking good quality shots as we all didn't want to tarnish this hunt, overall we all did just that,

Yup - how many let the sows with little cubs go............  

Just because you can does not mean you have to.

Just because you did does not mean you have to publicize it.

How about a little common sense? 

This topic is getting out of proportion. Do we really know who shoot the bear? Is it official? Could it be that the guy wants is 5 minutes of fame and brag that he shot a famous bear! Could he or she be out of State, since that was so many non residents hunters here and not know the story of pedals? It's all up in the air, just assumptions...

I tell you one thing this hunter is still better person than the asshole that goes in the woods and steals trail cameras or treestands...

Edited by Beartaker